PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding retainers ?

lax379
08-17-09, 04:37 PM
Are you allowed to wear your retainer while at Recruit Training ?

GyC
08-17-09, 05:09 PM
Are you allowed to wear your retainer while at Recruit Training ?

Have you asked your Recruiter this question? You are allowed to take it with you, and wear it at night. You could FOD yourself out if you fall off the slide for life... And before you ask, Foreign Object Damage which could occur if your retainer lodges in your throat when you eject from an obstacle prematurely... S/F

Petz
08-17-09, 05:15 PM
there is a nasty trend of poolees not asking their recruiter questions 'cause they don't want to either A) get laughed at B) be looked at funny or C) "get lied to"

GyC
08-17-09, 05:18 PM
I would shoot myself in the face if one of my Poolees asked a question on the internet before they asked at least their Recruiter... Searching for info doesn't bother me, but ... This post will probably be deleted because it has nothing to do with the subject at hand... And I'll lose credits and screw myself on the trip to the Bahamas... LOL... S/F

Petz
08-17-09, 05:23 PM
haha... shaffer said there will be presents and stuff... still haven't seen any of them....

and I think poolees should be allowed to win them... it would suck for a poolee to win a trip to the super bowl when he's supposed to be in boot camp.

GyC
08-17-09, 05:25 PM
I'd make them take me... No retainers though... I think there is something about orthodontics in the Poolee Guide they get when they join even...

lax379
08-17-09, 05:52 PM
No I didn't ask my recruiter this, sorry . I enlisted with braces on, so I had a waiver saying I'll have them off before Boot Camp. The reason I asked this question before I talked to my Recruiter ,is that i just got my braces removed today and received my retainer. So this question just came to me. My Recruiters on leave, but you're right I should have called up the SNOIC or the other recruiters or waited until Wednesday at the next workout to ask. Sorry.

Lisa 23
08-17-09, 06:34 PM
there is a nasty trend of poolees not asking their recruiter questions 'cause they don't want to either A) get laughed at B) be looked at funny or C) "get lied to"
And you forgot one...not using the search bar before asking questions.

This is in the Poolee forum.
Retainers at bootcamp?
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54474&highlight=retainers+boot+camp&page=2

lax379
08-17-09, 07:13 PM
Sorry LASWMarine, won't happen again !

GyC
08-17-09, 09:20 PM
Just razzin you Devil... No worries, ask what you need to but don't forget you have a direct rep to speak with, and your Recruiter should answer the phone when you call, at anytime... Semper Fi and good luck to you!

Lisa 23
08-17-09, 10:08 PM
Sorry LASWMarine, won't happen again !

No need to say sorry. Just for future reference, try using the search bar first, then if you don't find what you're looking for, then post it here. :thumbup:

Quinbo
08-18-09, 12:03 AM
That search bar is all effed up. Log out then give it a try. No wonder the lads come in with questions already answered when the dang search mechamism is crapolla. Log out then try a search. You get a blank broke busted box with nothing in it. Type the six characters as they appear to continue your search. Yea my aching ass. Type up a post instead... ohh I forgot ask the poolees. Marines are not allowed to answer questions.

lax379
08-18-09, 06:46 AM
Sounds good everyone, thanks or the responses !