PDA

View Full Version : I'm running for congress in 5 1/2 years.

Accord
08-17-09, 12:19 PM
In 5 1/2 years when I EAS from the Marine Corps, I am going to run for congress back home in my district in South Florida. I'll be 30 years old when that time comes and am very well connected down there, i'm practically a local celebrity back home if you can believe it. Right now in New Mexico there's a 27 year old Marine who got out as a CPL after one or two pumps to Iraq and is running for congress, if he can do it there is absolutely no reason why I can't! A lot of you don't personally know me outside of this forum, but I am an incredible public speaker with a lot of charisma on top of being passionite about issues I care about, I can talk to a battalion of Marines as a LCPL and grab their attention better than their own BN commander is capable of. Ever since high school i've always been told I should one day run for some sort of public office and to do this day i'm still being told the same thing.

I am dead serious about this...

FistFu68
08-17-09, 12:23 PM
:evilgrin: You are Sooooo-Full of Chit Marine,that You'd make a Great Politican you got my vote :thumbup: :iwo:

awbrown1462
08-17-09, 12:28 PM
just don't let them read your post on here LOL

Petz
08-17-09, 12:49 PM
yeah... kissing men isn't cool.

anyways... good luck to you... hope you can make SNCO by then.

Accord
08-17-09, 12:51 PM
yeah... kissing men isn't cool.

anyways... good luck to you... hope you can make SNCO by then.

I'll definitely be a SSGT by the end of my second 4 considering what my new MOS is going to be in a few weeks with my lat move.

Petz
08-17-09, 01:09 PM
I'm fully aware of it's promotion potential.

Isrowei
08-17-09, 01:20 PM
I must've missed something. What's the new MOS going to be?

Accord
08-17-09, 01:24 PM
I must've missed something. What's the new MOS going to be?

I sent you a PM sir, i'd rather keep it off the public forums.

Petz
08-17-09, 01:47 PM
you have good reason to accord... but didn't you post it?

YutYut
08-17-09, 01:50 PM
Accord, I'm pretty interested. Care to shoot me a PM?

Accord
08-17-09, 05:46 PM
you have good reason to accord... but didn't you post it?

Negative. I may have posted a long time ago what my career aspirations/future intentions were but that would have been it.

Osotogary
08-17-09, 05:54 PM
Well, Accord, I'm right down the road from Boca. Is that where you mean to set up stakes? I can only wish you all the best in the world. Habla Espanol?
On a side note, one of my son's Commanders, with 2/8, will be running for Senator in California around 2012. Heck, if he can do it...why not you?

Accord
08-17-09, 06:15 PM
Well, Accord, I'm right down the road from Boca. Is that where you mean to set up stakes? I can only wish you all the best in the world. Habla Espanol?
On a side note, one of my son's Commanders, with 2/8, will be running for Senator in California around 2012. Heck, if he can do it...why not you?

Yep, Boca Raton.

Petz
08-17-09, 06:34 PM
then you told me via PM in the chat room.

Drafter
08-17-09, 06:43 PM
Good luck Bro, go for it. Hopefully you will be part of a new breed of public officials. Honest, decisive and productive as opposed to the status quo gravy train riders we seem to have in todays politics.

Petz
08-17-09, 06:46 PM
well... let's not cloud the point... he wants that retirement..... 25,000 grand a month for the rest of your life as a young 30 yo.... yeah, and your retirement pay goes up if congress votes the retirement to go up.... you only need to win one election to be eligible.

Marine84
08-17-09, 07:32 PM
What's so secretive about the new MOS?

Petz
08-17-09, 07:34 PM
don't know... you should ask him. it is his right and he's made it clear he'll only tell a those he wants to.

Sergeant M
08-17-09, 07:39 PM
I want to know too! I have secret clearance... does that count?

Petz
08-17-09, 07:53 PM
you guys aren't getting it from me... he's made it clear he want to decide who knows.... PM him if you care so much.

Phantom Blooper
08-17-09, 08:03 PM
Getting a good start in politics....secrets.:beer:

:evilgrin:

jetdoc
08-18-09, 05:27 PM
Getting a good start in politics....secrets.:beer:

:evilgrin:

Now thats funny, good one Phantom.

samthomas
08-18-09, 06:22 PM
you guys aren't getting it from me... he's made it clear he want to decide who knows.... PM him if you care so much.

Just read a couple of his recent posts, and you will be able to make a reasonable guess...As for politics, just because some other guy is doing it, doesn't make it easy. Make sure that you have something to offer, and are actually able to serve your prospective constituents.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>