PDA

View Full Version : Help !!

pTOWN Finest
08-17-09, 11:05 AM
Hello I am a Poolee.
I was talking to my recruiter and decided to be a Marine Reserve which I feel will best suit me. I am excited to go to Bootcamp and can't wait to get the culture shock, but I will do just fine even though I will go through hell. I have a question for my Veteran Marines and Reserves. As I talked to my recruiter he told me I would make about $150.00-$200.00 as a Reserve which is still fine with me. BUT, I asked him if I decided to go to school would they help me and he said of course. He also mentioned they would give me extra money to my monthly paycheck about $500.00 plus if my MOS carried a "kicker" I would recieve an extra amount. I would like to know if there is any truth to these statements. Someone with firsthand experience would sure be helpful. Please and thank you.

NoRemorse
08-17-09, 11:09 AM
First off, fill out your profile, it's a rule on this site.

Also, read the stickies in the poolee section as they offer lots of information.

Third, use the search feature, many poolees and Marines on here have posted on this very subject and there's a dearth of information on it.

You can use the term "GI Bill kicker" to get most of what you need.

GyC
08-17-09, 01:07 PM
Base pay for PVT/PFC is $160.00-$180.00 for 1 Drill period.. MGIB-SR (Montgomery GI Bill for Selected Reserves) provides $329.00 monthly for full-time enrollment (12 credits) at accredited institutions... Google it! S/F