PDA

View Full Version : GT waiver

mac34
08-16-09, 09:41 AM
Greetings all. I am now in the DEP. I am healthy, athletic (football and Lacrosse) a strong C student, absolutely clean back ground (not even a speeding ticket). My 1st choice for an MOS is 4421 (legal admin) unfortunately my GT score feel short. My recruiter has been transferred (very helpful, great guy) and my new one seems a little disinterested and with my questions. So, I will ask you folks.

1) How hard is it to get a GT waiver?

2) Can I take the ASVAB again?

Thanks!

and yes I did a search. a lot of info on moral waivers. not so much on this.

Petz
08-16-09, 10:17 AM
I'm not a recruiter... and I'm sure GyC will correct me if I'm wrong but I THINK you can take it again... just a matter of when.

as for your new recruiter... he's got things on his plate, you are added work. Naturally he's going to seem less than enthusiastic. Get him some people to join and he'll focus on you as if you are his only child.

mac34
08-16-09, 10:33 AM
any info on GT waivers?

Petz
08-16-09, 10:33 AM
that's a recruiter thing... not many Marines need GT waivers.... or ask for them.

GyC
08-17-09, 09:52 AM
First off, you are assigned a Field, not an MOS, I assume you are looking at the Admin/Legal field (CB)... Since you are currently in - DEP, you will not be authorized to re-take the ASVAB... A point waiver can only be given for up to 3 pts., so if you were short the GT requirement by more than 3 pts., then you will not get a waiver for the score... Sit down with your Recruiter's boss, as you are sort of an "orphan", and the new Recruiter is more than likely overloaded with the new-ness of his duties.. Good luck to you!! S/F