PDA

View Full Version : Another ? about knowledge

lax379
08-16-09, 02:38 AM
I know a previous topic covered a small portion. Could any Marine give me a more in depth detail of whats covered on the knowledge test at the end of Recruit Training. My buddy gave me the Knowledge books he received in Boot Camp, so I would like to begin to study about the main aspects of the test. Thank you in advance.

Lisa 23
08-16-09, 12:51 PM
It's everything a Recruit learns throughout Recruit Training. So, IMO, it would be kinda hard to tell you what's on the test at the end of Recruit Training.
And who knows, that test can change some from graduating platoons to graduating platoons.

lax379
08-16-09, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the response! Yeah I suppose it would be. By any chance, do you know what the test is set up like ? Or the main aspects of the test ?

Petz
08-16-09, 01:01 PM
honestly... I don't remember studying anything.... everything we were taught we had a review of before the test.... I had a highlighter for all of about 2 weeks before our foot lockers were "magically" opened and everything tossed everywhere.

so I gave up reading the green monster (book of knowledge)

remember, you are NOT going to fail it... if you have to take it 40 times in order to pass you will.

don't worry about it.

it's set up like a test and it covers everything/anything in those books... each test can be different.

from east coast and west coast the training will be tweeked just a little bit as each are different commands.

Lisa 23
08-16-09, 01:06 PM
I can't tell you what's on it being that I'm out of the Marines 21 years now.
Like I said, it's everything a Recruit learns throughout Recruit Training, and that's something one has to experience for him/herself.
IMO, for now, focus more on getting into shape and learning your General Orders. :thumbup:

lax379
08-16-09, 01:08 PM
Thank you SSgt ! Yeah that's the book my buddy gave me, has everything in there ! Well good to know, I'll just continue studying general orders and the creed. Anything else that you advise to study up on before Recruit Training ?

Lisa 23
08-16-09, 01:17 PM
Maybe this thread will help you out. It's in the Poolee forum in the sticky section.
The Ultimate Guide for Boot Camp (1st post)
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59314&page=7

Petz
08-16-09, 01:20 PM
I've got to back LAS here... she's right, but I didn't want the kid going nuts thinking he's got to study everything other than general orders and rank structure.... that's all I was told to learn before shipping.

mjhpgh
08-16-09, 01:26 PM
I still have my RED Monster . They will provide the instruction you need to pass .

Backhaus 1103
08-16-09, 01:53 PM
You shouldn't worry about knowledge in boot. Your DIs will make you say ditties so much that you have to be border line retarded not to be able to pass the tests.
Our DI even gave us the test the night before so we knew the exact questions that were going to be asked.

Spend your time enjoying yourself now before boot because you won't have much of it for three months.

lax379
08-16-09, 05:34 PM
Alright sounds good ! Thanks for all the responses Marines !

Mac3043
08-16-09, 07:24 PM
I learned everything I need to know at Parris Island - Discipline! Swift obedience to orders Sir. :thumbup:

lax379
08-16-09, 08:24 PM
Thank you for the responses. So what are the main differences between San Diego and Parris Island, if any. Besides San Diego has all those hills and Parris Island has sand fleas or whatever there called ?

Petz
08-16-09, 08:26 PM
you named it....

it's just that they need different training schedules since you need to get bussed to Pendleton for the range and other stuff...

lax379
08-16-09, 08:32 PM
Oh i see.
So Parris Island Marines stay on the Island for the 3 months of fun lol

Petz
08-16-09, 08:34 PM
yes... 'cause at one point it used to be an Island... wasn't until something like WWI they made a land bridge.

keep in mind the Corps up until after WWI only had somewhere around 10,000 Marines.... PI was best suited to keep recruits from going UA.

lax379
08-16-09, 08:39 PM
Oh I didn't know that . So when the Marines were expanding they decided to put one in San Diego ?

Petz
08-16-09, 08:47 PM

lax379
08-16-09, 08:52 PM
haha. Well anyways thank you SSgt and all the other Marines who answered these stupid questions. Just a curious Poolee, and will put use to your answers !