PDA

View Full Version : New jobs coming out for fiscal year?

Eldridge0311
08-15-09, 02:23 PM
I talked to my recruiter today after the Function about my job I wanted. Since the new group of jobs have come out I missed my chance to bag the job I wanted. I am just wondering when the next group of jobs come out and when?

Petz
08-15-09, 03:01 PM
the beginning of the fiscal year will bring new jobs...

I would suspect new jobs come out for new-joins quarterly... but I'm sure GyC will be along monday sometime and answer your questions... he's a career recruiter.

Eldridge0311
08-15-09, 03:04 PM
K thank you SSgt. I will wait for him.

But if you know this it will help too. You know how there are like quarterly times when the new jobs come out; like a little at a time? I think this is right, though, I am probably wrong.

If that is right, when is the next quarter thing?

Petz
08-15-09, 03:15 PM
fiscal year starts in october... you can do the math for when the rest are.

Eldridge0311
08-15-09, 03:35 PM
fiscal year starts in october... you can do the math for when the rest are.

Thank you SSgt Petzold

GyC
08-16-09, 07:33 AM
The jobs are out for the new Fiscal Year, and there isn't usually a re-release quarterly. What does happen at times, is if a need arises for certain fields throughout the year, that field will be redistributed and increased. You should have had 2 or 3 choices though, so hard to believe one of your choices couldn't be provided... What field?

Petz
08-16-09, 09:16 AM
learned and stored in the memory banks... thanks gunny.

Eldridge0311
08-16-09, 11:23 AM
The jobs are out for the new Fiscal Year, and there isn't usually a re-release quarterly. What does happen at times, is if a need arises for certain fields throughout the year, that field will be redistributed and increased. You should have had 2 or 3 choices though, so hard to believe one of your choices couldn't be provided... What field?

So after October 6th sir, there will be no more jobs coming out? I chose 3 fields to all have a chance with one of the fields. I went UH, UZ, UW. I know this is a big field that everyone wants, but not everyone has IST scores like me going into there, shouldn't those matter?

I talked to my recruiter yesterday about this and he helped me with the UW field too.

I guess I was thought to believe another group of jobs will come out in October? Or perhaps before I leave in January?

Any help would be appreciated greatly Gunnery Sergeant, and thank you for your input so far.

Petz
08-16-09, 11:25 AM
I've never heard of IST scores making a difference... but then again i don't know what those codes are....

Eldridge0311
08-17-09, 10:48 AM
Not even if the other Poolees who have these job can only do 3-5 pullups not close to 100 crunches or their 1.5 mile is like 12:00 something?

Petz
08-17-09, 11:43 AM
no... the IST doesn't give you preference to jobs.

Eldridge0311
08-17-09, 11:47 AM
Oh ok, thank you SSgt.