PDA

View Full Version : This future recruit needs details

AlwaysFaithful1
08-15-09, 01:30 AM
Hello there, I am going to start off thanking those who have served this country and those who have made sacrifices for people like me. I am going to join the Marine Corp, but first I need some details in which im not too short or full of. For years I have taken advice from almost every single Marine and Armed Military soldier of the United States I have come across. I've been looking into the Delayed Entry Program that the Marine Corp offers and I seem very interested. I would like to know how this program has affected some of you Marines that have been there and wether or not you deem it neccasary. Also if there is some sort of program that can help me get my GED while im in the Marine Corp, or wether they can help me get it before I join. Im not joining the military for a high school education, im joining the USMC for reasons im sure will change once im in the infantry. My reasons will stay with me as I cannot describe them in words. That being said I want to spend as much time as I can possibly offer to the Marine Corp and ANY help that can get me threw this will be greatly aprechiated. Im at a lost for word's as I have never done something this big in my life before and I feel this would be the place to find the help.
Thank you for your time, I greatly aprechiate it.
Dale A. B. Reed
:iwo::iwo::iwo:

JusticeR17
08-15-09, 03:11 AM
Well for one you are posting in the wrong forum... and second the Marine Corps doesn't take to many people that don't have at least a GED. Though I know of a few people who got in without one.

You should defintely get that squared away first, no offense but looking at that post shows us that you need an education!

Sgt Leprechaun
08-18-09, 02:18 AM
Sigh.

Let's begin.

First, your grammar and spelling is, in a word, horrible. Go read the sticky at the top of this thread, then the poolee do's and don'ts. Get a dictionary, or use a spell checker. Either/or requires discipline, one of the hallmarks of the Marine Corps.

Next....It's "Marine Corps" not "Corp". We are not a "Corp". Chrysler is a "Corp". We are a Corps.

If you do not have at LEAST a GED at present, you will be unable to enlist. Period. End of story.

Even with a GED, enlistment options and availability will be limited. There are very few slots for those with GED's and competition is fierce. Also, in addition to that GED, you'll need college credits as well.

Until you get, at minimum, a GED, there is little that can be done. Talk to a recruiter, but likely they will tell you what I have.