PDA

View Full Version : Protecting U.S. Oil Interests in Iraq

thedrifter
08-03-03, 08:29 AM
Protecting U.S. Oil Interests in Iraq <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Instead of bailing-out the Iraqi people, new debt for Iraq’s people will formally accrue through the program that President Bush pledged would &quot;benefit...

firstsgtmike
08-03-03, 02:50 PM
I'll admit, this too far over MY head to be able to sort it out.

I have two ways of looking at things I see, hear, or read about.

If I understand the situation, I either agree with it or ask myself what I would have done about it.

If I DON'T understand it, as in this case, I assume the author knows what he is talking about. Then I want to know what HE would have done.

That would give me two points of view to evaluate and consider.

One point on a map is meaningless.

Lock-n-Load
08-03-03, 03:47 PM
:marine: For the average and hard-working Americans, we have no clout in what Pres Bush has decreed about Iraqui oil fields [2nd largest in the world]...I'm a Pres Bush guy, but he doesn't know me [us] on a first name basis...I have put my trust in him and his administration...my level of economics are calculated at the gas pump prices which I hope decline sharply...since I live in the snowbelt, I pray my heating oil prices get slashed...same for my electric rates as it takes huge amounts of oil to turn their generators, etc...if this comes about...I will vote for Bush's re-election...if oil commodities and oil dealers continue to rape us...then Bush did not keep his word...GW Bush is now on the clock!!! :marine:

JChristin
08-03-03, 04:16 PM
Trickle Down?

Like Lock-n-Load, I'm a Bush supporter. However, I live in a major city that has a 8.8 % unemployment rate, of which group I belong. There are many professionals in my field who are unemployed. Being too educated and too well-qualified deminsions my ability to earn a living.

Gas Prices are out of sight. I live in a port city too! Gas should be cheaper here, but it costs more!

If I am employed at election time and the national economy reaches a breakeven point that positively affects my state, then I will vote for GW election. Can't really say reelect as he never won the popular vote the last time. He gained the presidency on a techical issue based upon the electoral college and installed by the Supreme Court.

semper fi,
jchristin