PDA

View Full Version : Broken Wrist

Enrique2010
08-14-09, 05:07 AM
I broke my wrist in kindergarden. I told my recruiter about it but he said not to worry about it. I dont think he told MEPS so neither did I. Can they find out about that? I broke it when i was 5 years old. I had a cast which was ended up taken off a month early as it healed fast. Ive never had a problem what so ever with my wrist. Is this a problem with MEPS not knowing?

marine95
08-14-09, 05:15 AM
Enrique2010,

Did you have surgery? Any pins put in? If you didn't say anything to MEPS and they didn't tyemp DQ you then you better hope that at the momement of truth you do not crack. That would mean a fraudulent enlistment. Not good for you or the recruiter.

TJR1070
08-14-09, 08:26 AM
Go talk to your recruiter and tell him you want to disclose it to MEPS. Be proactive and get the records of the injury from the Doctor that treated you and you shouldn't have a problem.

Enrique2010
08-14-09, 02:16 PM
I was in kindergarden. I dont even remember where exactly. I just have a vague memory of breaking my wrist wrestling. Im not even sure if it was broken. No pins, No surgery or anything. Just went to the docs, probably got an xray. that night i left with a cast. Ill talk to my recruiter, see what he says.

tangovictor87
08-14-09, 02:38 PM
i dislocated my left wrist in 8th grade, had 2 pins and a cast for 8 weeks. this was not a problem at all at MEPS.

Supersquishy
08-14-09, 02:43 PM
At that age your bones are still "flexible" so you probably didn't get too bad a break, I had the same thing in first or second grade, I had absolutely no probs with MEPS. In fact I don't remember them even questioning about it.

stein07
08-14-09, 04:26 PM
It's not a big deal; just tell them. I had broken my leg three years prior, and they didn't even ask about it at MEPS.