PDA

View Full Version : MOS 0231 question and MEPs.

edwardgnahc
08-13-09, 11:51 PM
My other post got deleted. I have filled out the profile and I hope I have done it correctly. <br />
<br />
I would like to introduce myself, my name is Edward Chang and I DEP'ed in about a couple months ago,...

Sgt Leprechaun
08-14-09, 12:09 AM
First, chill out. <br />
<br />
Second, have you fixed the problem? If so, there is nothing to worry about. <br />
<br />
Third, if you haven't fixed the problem, what's being done to fix the problem? <br />
<br />
Fourth, what...

edwardgnahc
08-14-09, 12:17 AM
I have fixed the problem. Essentially there was no problem. I was arrested because I was driving up on highway 5 from LA to San Francisco. I was driving with 3 other people. <br />
I fell asleep on...

Sgt Leprechaun
08-14-09, 12:20 AM
Negligent driving? Good that you weren't drinking. <br />
<br />
For this MOS that is going to be one you will have to get used to explaining, in great and exacting detail, in writing, with documentation,...

edwardgnahc
08-14-09, 12:27 AM
Sir, thank you very much for your prompt response.

I apologize for sounding like I am nagging, but do you have any idea on when I
am or was supposed if I haven't already filled out the other forms for the clearance? In the other threads people have stated they filled out an EPSQ some did it during MEPs others have done it after doing a lateral move, but what about us new poolees that will be going to Boot Camp?

Thank you again.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-14-09, 12:31 AM
You can do it any time, you may even end up doing it in Recruit training. It really depends on how 'on the ball' your recruiter is. But sometimes, doing it later is better, since there isn't a 'gap' in the time you submitted it til the time they start looking into it. The whole process can take up to a year once they get started, depending on their backlog.

edwardgnahc
08-14-09, 12:41 AM
Thank you very much again!

I really thought I was missing some forms because my recruiter, though he's a good person and I generally like him and I also know his wife personally, he's been kinda sketchy with information. He told me I would get all these things or incentives but when it came down to it, he hasn't put the paper work down and I actually had to talk to the MSGT. and the admins to get it on my contract, so I wouldn't really be surprised that he might have forgotten something.

Again thank you!

edwardgnahc
08-14-09, 02:36 AM
So going through some stuff in my desk, I came upon a 10 page SF 86 where it asking me my previous address and work and references. Now I wasn't told to fill this out. I thought I did fill out a form with SF-86 on it, but it was only 5 pages or less. Will I need to fill this out and turn it in before I ship out or will I be able to fill out this form during training, because if its the latter, then I will definitely go ahead and turn it in tomorrow at or on Saturday at the latest.