PDA

View Full Version : What order should i do this in?

Austin K
08-13-09, 11:48 PM
I've wanted to be a Marine since I was 2! And i just recently enlisted and got my MOS today actually! I wasn't entierly sure what i wanted to do in the Marines all i know is that since I was born it's what I wanted to be. So today i got the Job of Marine Security Force Approved and I'm set to go to basics June 7th 2010! My recruiter told me it was very physical damanding job so im putting my self through hell everyday (I've never been one to not do all he can to reach his goals) but what i did know going into the Marines was that i wanted to do Force Recon! So my question is Should when i go to the school of infantry should i complete that then the training for my MOS then ask to voluntier for Force Recon or would it be better to just Voluntier for it when i go to the School of infantry?
Sorry i took so long to ask the question
Austin K:iwo:

Sgt Leprechaun
08-14-09, 12:05 AM
1st, congratulations.

2nd, go and read the rules for this and the poolee sections. GRAMMAR MATTERS here. Don't do a post like the one above, again. Your actions in writing will be graded exactly like an English assignment in high school or college. By much harder graders.

3rd, there are multiple postings on recon and it's assorted qualifications. Utilize the search feature to seek out the answers on your own, first, then come back with 'on point' questions.

4th...did I mention Grammar? Punctuation?

tangovictor87
08-14-09, 01:36 AM
"Voluntier" yourself to a freakin' damn dictionary and find the word volunteer.

GREY MATTER
08-14-09, 02:01 AM
"Voluntier" yourself to a freakin' damn dictionary and find the word volunteer.

or just use firefox :)
it has spell check built in

Lisa 23
08-14-09, 09:12 AM
Can't help you with your question, but the Marine Corps has "boot camp", not basic training.

fieldcammies
08-14-09, 11:00 AM
You won't be able to try for Reconnaissance until you finish your Security Forces obligation. You've got a spot waiting for you already at some unit. I had multiple friends who wanted to do the screening but were not allowed to as they had Security Forces contracts. I joined as an 03XX and therefore was able to go for it.

If you are able to change your contract to 03XX rather than security forces, and you are able to go to reconnaissance training and actually make it, you will be forced to sign an additional year onto your contract upon earning the 0321 MOS. This is not likely a problem for you since you're already willing to do a 5 year security forces contract.

Good luck.

Petz
08-14-09, 07:23 PM
security forces is wholy different than an 0300 contract... you need security clearance... and it starts when you graduate and the money is not going to be wasted... besides... when you hit the fleet or just before you do you can put in the AA form and request it... possibly try calling the monitor and you should possibly be good.

talk to thewookie... he can help you out.

Austin K
08-15-09, 01:34 AM
security forces is wholy different than an 0300 contract... you need security clearance... and it starts when you graduate and the money is not going to be wasted... besides... when you hit the fleet or just before you do you can put in the AA form and request it... possibly try calling the monitor and you should possibly be good.

talk to thewookie... he can help you out.

Thank you. That helps me out alot!