PDA

View Full Version : potential recruit with a question

fsufan09
08-13-09, 11:36 PM
I'm a potential recruit and I had one question that has been said to me multiply times. When looking at the branches I did my research and talked to numerous veterans of the different branches. The Marine corps stood out to me for its prestige and complete pride. There is nothing and no one in the world like a US Marine. They belong to an elite class. Everything I heard from the verterans of each service made the Marines sound like an invincible group of warriors. But they all said the same thing "the Marines have the worst living conditions of any branch." I realize that no one goes in the service for good living conditions- but what exactly makes the conditions not as good as the other branches from you veterans experiences. I heard that the Air Force have the best- but they do admin. all day sitting in a chair. Thank you gentlemen for your time.

irizavrima
08-13-09, 11:39 PM
Hey wannabee get out of here! You are going to have a hard time in the Marine Corps if you can't follow simple directions...This forum is for Marines only.

Achped
08-14-09, 01:21 AM
The Air Force is the best bro, its also the easiest. Same page, easier work, better lifestyle.

I'd do it.

tangovictor87
08-14-09, 01:30 AM
ask yourself this: you joining to have your country serve you or are you joining to serve your country.

because i joined to serve, fight and if asked to even die for her. oorah?

StoneTheWeak
08-14-09, 05:29 AM
Get the fcuk outta errr!!!! Go to the poolee forum.

To answer your question, every branch is for a different person, people all join for different reasons. If you're a diehard and dont mind being kicked around for 4 years, come along for the ride. The marine corps is a more career oriented service. You wont get **** in terms of respect or accomplish much in just one enlistment. If you just wanna do a 4 year contract and go to college or have something else in mind, go to the airforce. You'll get your college done and without the pain in the ass.