PDA

View Full Version : Vick signs deal with Eagles

jetdawgg
08-13-09, 10:16 PM
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—By halftime, the Linc was buzzing: Michael Vick(notes) was an Eagle.

Suddenly, no one seemed to care much about the preseason game against the New England Patriots on Thursday night. All that mattered to most fans was that the disgraced quarterback had joined their team.

Agent Joel Segal confirmed the signing, shortly before the Philadelphia Eagles announced it in a text message. The team gave Vick a one-year deal with an option for a second year.

“We don’t need another quarterback, especially him,” longtime fan Donald Crispin said.

The 29-year-old Vick, once the NFL’s highest-paid player, has been out of action since 2006. The former Atlanta Falcons star was convicted in August 2007 of conspiracy and running a dogfighting ring, and served 18 of a 23-month sentence in federal prison. He also was suspended indefinitely by the NFL.

Commissioner Roger Goodell conditionally lifted Vick’s suspension on July 27, allowing him to sign with a team, practice and play in the last two preseason games. Once the season begins, Vick can participate in all team activities except games, and Goodell said he would consider Vick for full reinstatement by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19) at the latest.

The Eagles reached the NFC championship game last season under quarterback Donovan McNabb(notes), and are still looking for their elusive first Super Bowl win.

McNabb has led the Eagles to five NFC championship games and one Super Bowl appearance in the last eight years, and was rewarded with a $5.3 million raise in the offseason. The Eagles tore up his old contract with two years remaining, and gave him a new deal worth $24.5 million over the next two seasons.

The team is a surprise landing point for Vick. It was among 26 clubs that said there was no interest in him, but that may have changed when backup Kevin Kolb(notes) strained a knee ligament earlier this week. Kolb’s injury isn’t serious and he’s expected to return next week. The Eagles also have veteran A.J. Feeley(notes).

When news of Vick’s signing circulated in the press box during the first half of the Eagles’ preseason opener against New England, even the team’s public relations staff seemed surprised.

The crowd quickly caught on at Lincoln Financial Field. Fans standing on the concourse were in disbelief. One guy wondered how quickly he’d be able to buy a Vick jersey. Another asked if this was a joke.

“It doesn’t make any sense,” said Michelle Harlan, a mother attending her first NFL game with a young son.

In a “60 Minutes” interview set to air Sunday, Vick accepted blame for not stopping the illegal dogfighting operation he bankrolled.

Vick said he feels “some tremendous hurt behind what happened.”

He said he should have taken “the initiative to stop it all … I didn’t.”

Asked if he was more concerned about his playing career or the dogs he hurt, Vick replied, “Football don’t even matter.”

The animal rights group, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, wasted no time reminding people exactly what Vick had done.

“PETA and millions of decent football fans around the world are disappointed that the Eagles decided to sign a guy who hung dogs from trees. He electrocuted them with jumper cables and held them under water,” PETA spokesman Dan Shannon told The Associated Press.

“You have to wonder what sort of message this sends to young fans who care about animals and don’t want them to be harmed.”

Since Andy Reid became the head coach in 1999, the Eagles have avoided players with character issues. The lone exception came in 2004 when Philadelphia acquired wide receiver Terrell Owens(notes). That move paid off when Owens helped lead the Eagles to the Super Bowl in his first season. But T.O. quickly wore out his welcome, criticizing management over a contract dispute and feuding with McNabb. He was released midway through the 2005 season.

“I couldn’t envision Mike being here,” said former Eagles linebacker Ike Reese(notes), a teammate of Vick’s in Atlanta in 2005-06. “I didn’t see where he fit in. I think most people in the locker room would accept it. Donovan is very secure in his position. He wants to see Mike get another opportunity.”

AP sports writers Hank Kurz Jr. and Jon Krawczynski and AP writer Dan Robrish contributed to this report.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AqDc91.SPc3pl8st9CibI99DubYF?slug=ap-eagles-vicksigns&prov=ap&type=lgns

http://grannygeek.us/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/michael-vick.jpg

Lupo22
08-13-09, 10:30 PM
why would a team like philly take Vick!? They can't really think he can compete with Donovan after missing that much time! Maybe a halfback or a receiver position for him? he is a tremendous athlete.

I think he shoulda played with a team like Miami, who runs the wildcat

tangovictor87
08-13-09, 10:33 PM
they might just use him as a 3rd/ 4th and short QB

SlingerDun
08-14-09, 02:12 AM
I figured the Raiders were the only team with a shady enough rep to take a chance on Vick

GREY MATTER
08-14-09, 03:18 AM
im glad he's getting a second chance.
i do not condone what he did, but i truly think he learned from his mistake...that and i truly think he was covering for his brother that woulda got his third strike

MD8724
08-14-09, 05:54 AM
McNabb is getting old, but Vick isn't there to compete with him. They probably will run the wildcat with Vick now in town, and since he was a QB and can throw, it will be more dangerous than Miami's wildcat. Miami doesn't need him, but the Eagles felt they could. He will probably play reciever in some shotgun packages and such as well. He will be dangerous.

I don't quite get the thing you said about the Raiders. Yes, they have had / do have some trouble makers, but they aren't the only ones. Dallas, Cinci, New York.

Kerry Collins was a drunkard and drug addict with the Panthers, and now he is starting for the Titans after periods with the Giants and Raiders.

I know what Vick did was bad, but by law, he payed the price. I'm sure if we ****ed up we would all want a second chance.

jetdawgg
08-14-09, 07:37 AM
What chance do those dogs get that he killed?:usmc::sick:

MD8724
08-14-09, 07:47 AM
You ever killed a fly ? You ever eaten chicken ? Heard of a steak ? Same ****ing thing, just a different animal. Was it wrong ? Yes. Do I give a **** anymore ? No.

What chance did the civilans at Hiroshima and Nagasaki get ? Maybe we should disband the U.S. military because of that. **** forgive and forget, right ?

YutYut
08-14-09, 07:54 AM
Kolb was one of the worst decisions the Eagles made. Garbage calls that guy garbage. I thought Vick was a good QB with Atlanta, but I would have thought the Eagles learned their lesson with Owens. I know Philly isn't a city sitting on a moral high horse. Hell, we threw snowballs at santa. But what do we need that trash for?

thedrifter
08-14-09, 08:10 AM
Kolb was one of the worst decisions the Eagles made. Garbage calls that guy garbage. I thought Vick was a good QB with Atlanta, but I would have thought the Eagles learned their lesson with Owens. I know Philly isn't a city sitting on a moral high horse. Hell, we threw snowballs at santa. But what do we need that trash for?

Have to agree with You on this....

I Love My Team..but Not Their Decision...

Philly Girl

Ellie

MD8724
08-14-09, 08:12 AM
It's not like Vick was a distraction when he was playing. Only when the dogfighting thing was going on. He never really caused problems before that. Vick and Owens are on two very different playing fields.

jetdawgg
08-14-09, 08:24 AM
You ever killed a fly ? You ever eaten chicken ? Heard of a steak ? Same ****ing thing, just a different animal. Was it wrong ? Yes. Do I give a **** anymore ? No.

What chance did the civilans at Hiroshima and Nagasaki get ? Maybe we should disband the U.S. military because of that. **** forgive and forget, right ?

I never thought people keep flies and chickens for pets. Most dogs I know of in the USA are kept for pets and/or sight assistance. :usmc:

MD8724
08-14-09, 08:34 AM
No respone to the bombings ? :)

People have pet chickens. An animal is an animal. Also, not all dogs are pets. What about the dogs that get killed everyday because they have no owners and the Pound no longer wants them.

Vick did his time. He paid the price.

Hey maybe he will donate some of his paycheck to charity now. Hopefully he will continue to speak to children about the wrong in what he did. Even if just does it to shut people up, he is still going to be doing it.

Hey, ask some fellow Marines how many have waivers for crimes they committed. Maybe they shouldn't have recieved a second chance either.

jetdawgg
08-14-09, 08:43 AM
No respone to the bombings ? :)

People have pet chickens. An animal is an animal. Also, not all dogs are pets. What about the dogs that get killed everyday because they have no owners and the Pound no longer wants them.

Vick did his time. He paid the price.

Hey maybe he will donate some of his paycheck to charity now. Hopefully he will continue to speak to children about the wrong in what he did. Even if just does it to shut people up, he is still going to be doing it.

Hey, ask some fellow Marines how many have waivers for crimes they committed. Maybe they shouldn't have recieved a second chance either.

Let's see, chickens for pets, dogs for pets? Your argument is weak Marine. I even see you left out the flies.

I never said Vick did not deserve a second chance. I said that the dogs he killed, by hanging, drowning and other mean and cruel methodologies don't have another chance:usmc:

MD8724
08-14-09, 08:49 AM
They're just dogs. Ugly at that.

tripledog
08-14-09, 08:50 AM
Headlines at the local news media in Philly, "keep your dogs at home, Vick is in the area".

A leopard cannot change it's stripes....a Zebra cannot change its stripes.........Vick cannot change his stripes...

oldtop
08-14-09, 09:00 AM
Should Michael Vick get a second chance? Yew.. a second chance to live a clean and honest life, now that he has done his time. He should have every chance to live a normal life, just like you or I, BUT... he should have been banned from the NFL for LIFE! The major players in the NFL make millions of dollars each year, and they are, or should be, role models for the millions of children and fans worldwide. Reinstatment of Vick only contributes to the ever increasing attitude of no one being held accountable for his / her willful actions, and no major repurcussions as a result of those actions. If Vick had been, say.. a Police Officer, and done exactly the same thing, got busted, sentenced and served his time, how many of us would want him reinstated into a Police Department and sent out on a beat in YOUR neighborhood??? The NFL has become a haven for too many convicted felons of late. NONE of those players convicted of ANY felony crime should EVER play in the NFL again. One of the sad results of the NFL players union was the doing away with the "MORALS" clause in NFL contracts, which were quite common in the pre-union days. Players were held to a standard of conduct, violations of that standard of conduct resulted in being released without pay, and in some cases, being "blackballed" so no other team would pick you up.
Vick is welcome to go get a real job, sell cars, buy a convenience store, drive a cab, or whatever, but he should NEVER play in the NFL again.
As for the Eagles picking him up, if they keep him, I hope that they go 0 and 16...JUST BECAUSE!

Idena
08-14-09, 09:12 AM
I don't want a lowlife like that on a team like my Eagles. I'm embarassed by the decision, frankly. His athleticism doesn't excuse his lack of morality, in my estimation.

awbrown1462
08-14-09, 09:20 AM
heard thier back-up QB was hurt so Vicks will be the back-up hope Donavan doesn't get hurt in the first 6 weeks Vicks can not play in the first 6 weeks or has the NFL lefted that ?

yanacek
08-14-09, 09:33 AM
I don't like the fact that Michael Vick fought/killed/injured dogs either. However, the punishment of what amounted to two-years in Federal prison (including time in Leavenworth) did not fit the crime--especially not when Stalworth received one year house arrest for DUI and manslaughter. Don't we have better things to do in this country than imprison a guy for dog fighting-related offenses? Go after some real criminals who are a threat to society.

Idena
08-14-09, 09:55 AM
I don't like the fact that Michael Vick fought/killed/injured dogs either. However, the punishment of what amounted to two-years in Federal prison (including time in Leavenworth) did not fit the crime--especially not when Stalworth received one year house arrest for DUI and manslaughter. Don't we have better things to do in this country than imprison a guy for dog fighting-related offenses? Go after some real criminals who are a threat to society.
Animal abuse is perpetrated by real criminals who are a threat to society. An alarming number of animal abusers go on to abuse other human beings. The disregard for sanctity of life frequently spans species.

That is not to say that the punishments doled out are always appropriate or equivocal. Unfortunately, the penalties imposed on criminals (especially celebrities) are subjective & frequently not enforced fairly. But that doesn't make the crimes any less reprehensible.

yanacek
08-14-09, 10:21 AM
Michael Vick's punishment of two-years in Federal Prison was outrageous in light of the fact that another football player killed a human being and received one-year of house arrest. What kind of message does this send? Some of the PETA nuts even went so far to say that many people cared more about their dogs than their own kids!

Idena
08-14-09, 10:25 AM
Michael Vick's punishment of two-years in Federal Prison was outrageous in light of the fact that another football player killed a human being and received one-year of house arrest. What kind of message does this send? Some of the PETA nuts even went so far to say that many people cared more about their dogs than their own kids!
Like I said, the punishments imposed on criminals, especially celebrities, are painfully subjective & not always appropriate. I don't believe for a minute that Vick was punished unfairly; rather, that Stalworth got off far too easily - and that is an understatement. The message sent is that in too many cases, our justice system allows fame to buy you out of the natural consequences of your actions, & that's sad.

And don't get me started on PETA. C.r.a.z.y.

yanacek
08-14-09, 10:43 AM
I don't believe for a minute that Vick was punished unfairly; rather, that Stalworth got off far too easily

Wow!!! With gangs, illegal aliens, and crooked politicians running rampant I think that justice would be better served locking them up rather than a dog-fighter. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

GREY MATTER
08-14-09, 10:48 AM
I never thought people keep flies and chickens for pets. Most dogs I know of in the USA are kept for pets and/or sight assistance. :usmc:

dog tastes delicious when properly prepared....ask me how i know

ronr418
08-14-09, 10:55 AM
Like I said, the punishments imposed on criminals, especially celebrities, are painfully subjective & not always appropriate. I don't believe for a minute that Vick was punished unfairly; rather, that Stalworth got off far too easily - and that is an understatement. The message sent is that in too many cases, our justice system allows fame to buy you out of the natural consequences of your actions, & that's sad.

And don't get me started on PETA. C.r.a.z.y.
Personally, I think Vick should be banned from the NFL for life. The moral clause should be reinstated into the contracts and when a player f.... up he should be put on the hill ( suspended) for x amount of games or banned from playing in the NFL if the infraction is basd enough. Look at Pete Rose, what he did was nothing compared to what Vick did, and he was banned from playing baseball for life.

ronr418
08-14-09, 10:57 AM
dog tastes delicious when properly prepared....ask me how i know
You must of been to S. Korea.... huh?

ggyoung
08-14-09, 11:15 AM

My good god man we were at war at that time. If we had not dropped the bombs on hiroshima and nagasaki the invasion of japan would would have killed up to 2 million American service men.

ggyoung
08-14-09, 11:17 AM
Personally, I think Vick should be banned from the NFL for life. The moral clause should be reinstated into the contracts and when a player f.... up he should be put on the hill ( suspended) for x amount of games or banned from playing in the NFL if the infraction is basd enough. Look at Pete Rose, what he did was nothing compared to what Vick did, and he was banned from playing baseball for life.

Right on.

MD8724
08-14-09, 11:21 AM
Roger Goodell has been pretty strict with these guys as of late, but has also been willing to give them a second chance, as I feel he should. Vick didn't get off easy at all. He spent two years locked away, lost the respect of just about everyone, and had millions worth of debt. He paid the price. As I said before, he will be more inclinded to donate to charities and such now, even if it is just so he can look good. Either way, that's money that wouldn't have been recieved otherwise. You can't forgive the average person, and then not forgive him just because he is an athlete.

Also, I love deer hunting. Nothing like the feeling when you kill a big one. Maybe I should be locked up too ?

It's easy to get immersed in something like that over time. It doesn't mean he will always be a bad person. It just means he made a mistake.

Plus, he is an awesome football player. He should be immune to the law, obviously.

MD8724
08-14-09, 11:23 AM
GGyound, after living in Okinawa for two years, I could care less about Japan. That was just for arguments sack. :) Maybe if Vick didn't kill those dogs they would have bitten his niece or something.

Lisa 23
08-14-09, 11:32 AM
Should Michael Vick get a second chance? Yew.. a second chance to live a clean and honest life, now that he has done his time. He should have every chance to live a normal life, just like you or I, BUT... he should have been banned from the NFL for LIFE! The major players in the NFL make millions of dollars each year, and they are, or should be, role models for the millions of children and fans worldwide. Reinstatment of Vick only contributes to the ever increasing attitude of no one being held accountable for his / her willful actions, and no major repurcussions as a result of those actions. If Vick had been, say.. a Police Officer, and done exactly the same thing, got busted, sentenced and served his time, how many of us would want him reinstated into a Police Department and sent out on a beat in YOUR neighborhood??? The NFL has become a haven for too many convicted felons of late. NONE of those players convicted of ANY felony crime should EVER play in the NFL again. One of the sad results of the NFL players union was the doing away with the "MORALS" clause in NFL contracts, which were quite common in the pre-union days. Players were held to a standard of conduct, violations of that standard of conduct resulted in being released without pay, and in some cases, being "blackballed" so no other team would pick you up.
Vick is welcome to go get a real job, sell cars, buy a convenience store, drive a cab, or whatever, but he should NEVER play in the NFL again.
As for the Eagles picking him up, if they keep him, I hope that they go 0 and 16...JUST BECAUSE!

I agree! :thumbup:
And I hope the Eagles go 0-16 too...just because I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan!
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/animalbuddiesandcartoons/Cowboysfootballplayer.gif

GREY MATTER
08-14-09, 01:00 PM
You must of been to S. Korea.... huh?

Yachon (or however its spelled...lol)

kentmitchell
08-14-09, 03:55 PM
I haven't read the feedback yet, but here's my take on it:
I'm an old--too damn old--southern white guy, just to let you know where this is coming from.
Now that you're enlightened, my take is why not? He's done his time in jail, paid his dues. If someone wants to sign him up, that's their business.
He'll be under a microscope every minute, though. I guess he knows that, too.

YutYut
08-14-09, 03:58 PM
LASWMarine...we are destined to hate each other. The cowboys are going down this year.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory...

kentmitchell
08-14-09, 04:03 PM

Hard to let MD8724's remark pass.
The Japs killed many more innocents before we ended the war at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Anyone remember the Bataan Death March, the sub-human confinement of American and Filipino POWS? The rape of Nanking.
They weren't going to surrender and a lot of good American Marines, sailors and soldiers were going to be killed and maimed when we invaded Japan. The atomic bombs finally got their attention. I don't feel sorry for any of them.

ronr418
08-14-09, 04:25 PM
Yachon (or however its spelled...lol)
Close enough... when were you there? I was there in 1984 for Operation Team Spirit. ome to think of it I was at the airbase at yechon.

Lisa 23
08-14-09, 04:27 PM
LASWMarine...we are destined to hate each other. The cowboys are going down this year.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory...
LOL!
Boooooo Eagles. :mad:
Yay Cowboys! :D

ronr418
08-14-09, 04:27 PM
Hard to let MD8724's remark pass.
The Japs killed many more innocents before we ended the war at Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Anyone remember the Bataan Death March, the sub-human confinement of American and Filipino POWS? The rape of Nanking.
They weren't going to surrender and a lot of good American Marines, sailors and soldiers were going to be killed and maimed when we invaded Japan. The atomic bombs finally got their attention. I don't feel sorry for any of them.
Right on Kent... Semper Fi.

Osotogary
08-14-09, 04:58 PM
Personally, I don't like what Michael Vick was convicted of doing and although I can't prove it I do believe that he received preferencial treatment, in sentencing, because of his commercially viable football skills among other things. That being said, he did do his time within a system that dictated his time and he was released to continue his civilian life. I just think that he should be banned from playing football in the NFL for life but as we all know money talks and exploitation fuels money flow and as long as that money flow is positive that money flow, and the system it operates under, will be allowed to survive until guidelines change. So, as it is right now, Michael Vick is ripe for profitable exploitation...kinda like we all are. LOL

oldtop
08-17-09, 10:19 AM
MD8724: you, and the others that are posting about eating dogs, monkeys, and whatever other animals are missing the point completely! I have no problem with killing any animal for food.. it is not the killing...it is the METHOD! You do not use unnecessairly cruel methods to kill for food. The methods used by Vick and Co. were sadistic and unnecessary. If they wanted to dispose of the dogs, and had to kill them, then shoot them but better yet, give them away. Hanging, choking, electrocuting, drowning, etc and making the animal suffer a slow and painful death was totally unnecessary and wrong. People that treat animals in such a sadistic manner generally have been found to have no problem with treating humans in the same way. Just my 2 cent opinion.

Rocky C
08-17-09, 10:30 AM
I saw Vick on the 60 Minutes special on TV last night.
I didn't believe a word he said.
Smiling and laughing while he was saying he was sorry.
Piece of SH*T!!!!

awbrown1462
08-17-09, 10:32 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/uc/20090817/lta090816.gif

NoRemorse
08-17-09, 10:34 AM
Let the players take care of the problem. He's a rusher, let him handle the pain of being beaten like a dog play after play after play.

We'll get to see retribution on national TV. Fine the offending player but make Vick pay for it.

Mrfrosty
08-17-09, 11:20 AM
We'll get to see retribution on national TV. Fine the offending player but make Vick pay for it.

So you're saying its ok to beat a man down, but not a dog, right? Cause that's exactly how this reads. And why are you going to make someone else pay for another person doing wrong?

I guess with that outlook, if a Marine in your shop gets NJP'd and has 2 months half month pay, you should pay for it.

NoRemorse
08-17-09, 11:24 AM
So you're saying its ok to beat a man down, but not a dog, right? Cause that's exactly how this reads. And why are you going to make someone else pay for another person doing wrong?

I guess with that outlook, if a Marine in your shop gets NJP'd and has 2 months half month pay, you should pay for it.

You're comparing apples to oranges here. This has nothing to do with an unquantified NJP for reasons unknown.

It's called retribution for a reason, as in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

I'm advocating that he be given no quarter on the field because he is a criminal who is allowed to play football for millions of dollars a year.

awbrown1462
08-17-09, 11:54 AM
untill pro sports puts in Role Model Clauses in contracts then nothing will change something all sports need and as far as I say not one of them are worth millions

FistFu68
08-17-09, 12:31 PM
:evilgrin: He just might Be wearing the Super Bowl Ring this next season :beer: :iwo:

Mrfrosty
08-17-09, 02:32 PM
You're comparing apples to oranges here. This has nothing to do with an unquantified NJP for reasons unknown.

It's called retribution for a reason, as in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

I'm advocating that he be given no quarter on the field because he is a criminal who is allowed to play football for millions of dollars a year.

And as someone else has already stated, what about fellows Marines who have Felonies? They are somehow different than Vick? Hell, check out some of our senators histories. I bet you'd be surprised by them.

He has a good given talent, that apparently a lot of people want to see. Don't forget that the NFL is all about entertainment. More than Vick will profit off him coming back to the league. All the way down to the mom-and-pop card stores.

YutYut
08-17-09, 02:36 PM
And as someone else has already stated, what about fellows Marines who have Felonies? They are somehow different than Vick? Hell, check out some of our senators histories. I bet you'd be surprised by them.

He has a good given talent, that apparently a lot of people want to see. Don't forget that the NFL is all about entertainment. More than Vick will profit off him coming back to the league. All the way down to the mom-and-pop card stores.

So, because he's a great athlete, we should overlook the fact that he sucks as a role model? You realize that kids look up to these guys, whether the stars like it or not. You can't market yourself the way they do and expect kids to not want to be like you.

Besides, it's because of people like him that pit bulls have a bad rap. They're actually great dogs. Sh1t like that causes towns, cities, counties, et al. to literally BAN the ownership of pit bulls.

Mrfrosty
08-17-09, 02:49 PM
So, because he's a great athlete, we should overlook the fact that he sucks as a role model? You realize that kids look up to these guys, whether the stars like it or not. You can't market yourself the way they do and expect kids to not want to be like you.

Besides, it's because of people like him that pit bulls have a bad rap. They're actually great dogs. Sh1t like that causes towns, cities, counties, et al. to literally BAN the ownership of pit bulls.

Kids chose who you look up to as a role model, i know I did when I was a kid (Thank you Ken Griffey Jr), and I still do.

Also, I seem to remember a couple of our very own Commander in Chiefs not being the best of role models, and I'm willing to stake my paycheck on it that a few people looked up to them as role models. Again, the NFL is a buisness. You say he's a role model. Well I got news for ya, myself and yourself (and Marines in general) are role models for someone, and if we mess up, isn't it better for them to learn from our mistakes rather than make the same ones?

Here we have a perfect example of how a role model, who was once highly regarded, has fallen from grace and now has a chance to pick himself up. No matter how disgusting his acts were, he can still rise from the ashes of his own self created inferno.

Oh, and you said "So, because he's a great athlete, we should overlook the fact that he sucks as a role model?"

So because we allowed a metric chit-ton of Marines in with felonies, we should overlook the fact that, they too, suck as role models?

I know I keep bringing that up, but lets not forget people always screw up. No one is perfect, no one. What matters is if you learn from your mistakes and move on, or if you continue to make the same mistakes showing that you truely just DGAF.

NoRemorse
08-17-09, 02:55 PM
Kids chose who you look up to as a role model, i know I did when I was a kid (Thank you Ken Griffey Jr), and I still do.

Also, I seem to remember a couple of our very own Commander in Chiefs not being the best of role models, and I'm willing to stake my paycheck on it that a few people looked up to them as role models. Again, the NFL is a buisness. You say he's a role model. Well I got news for ya, myself and yourself (and Marines in general) are role models for someone, and if we mess up, isn't it better for them to learn from our mistakes rather than make the same ones?

Here we have a perfect example of how a role model, who was once highly regarded, has fallen from grace and now has a chance to pick himself up. No matter how disgusting his acts were, he can still rise from the ashes of his own self created inferno.

Oh, and you said "So, because he's a great athlete, we should overlook the fact that he sucks as a role model?"

So because we allowed a metric chit-ton of Marines in with felonies, we should overlook the fact that, they too, suck as role models?

I know I keep bringing that up, but lets not forget people always screw up. No one is perfect, no one. What matters is if you learn from your mistakes and move on, or if you continue to make the same mistakes showing that you truely just DGAF.

I'm a bit remiss as why you'd use the Marine Corps as the litmus test vs. a former NFL star earning millions and being a convicted felon.

Were a poolee convicted of the same would he be able to get a moral waiver? Would a fellow Marine not possibly get sh!tcanned?

You're not making valid comparisons. He should be given a second chance as he's served his sentence buy why should it be as a highly paid pro-football player?

Regardless I don't make that final determination; the business end will, as in the fans of said team and their attendance. If they so deem it sales will fall, merchandise won't move and the name of Vick will be jeered.

Rocky C
08-17-09, 03:25 PM
All of a sudden this Thread got very quiet???
Must have took it to PM.
HMMM.....

YutYut
08-17-09, 03:26 PM
I'm a bit remiss as why you'd use the Marine Corps as the litmus test vs. a former NFL star earning millions and being a convicted felon.

Were a poolee convicted of the same would he be able to get a moral waiver? Would a fellow Marine not possibly get sh!tcanned?

You're not making valid comparisons. He should be given a second chance as he's served his sentence buy why should it be as a highly paid pro-football player?

Regardless I don't make that final determination; the business end will, as in the fans of said team and their attendance. If they so deem it sales will fall, merchandise won't move and the name of Vick will be jeered.

It wouldn't surprise me if one day there's a news article of Birds fans doing a mass "burn Vick jersey's" thing. The last two preseason games, I hope the guy breaks his leg...off.

Rocky C
08-17-09, 03:28 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if one day there's a news article of Birds fans doing a mass "burn Vick jersey's" thing. The last two preseason games, I hope the guy breaks his leg...off.

:thumbup:

SlingerDun
08-17-09, 04:05 PM
Nobody's career is worth a dog or a pack of dogs including the two Marines who burned for killing the infamous Iraqi whelp last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA

Pittbull type dogs are one reason i pack UDAP in my truck to new remote accounts and on my belt when hiking out in the weeds.

Ask your county animal control officer or UPS driver if he/she would reach down to pet or turn their back on a bull? I won't. Because i read large potentially dangerous animals everyday and remaining sound has become an acutely instinctual part of my DNAhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

--->Dave

NoRemorse
08-17-09, 09:32 PM
Nobody's career is worth a dog or a pack of dogs including the two Marines who burned for killing the infamous Iraqi whelp last year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMzdAZ3TjCA

Pittbull type dogs are one reason i pack UDAP in my truck to new remote accounts and on my belt when hiking out in the weeds.

Ask your county animal control officer or UPS driver if he/she would reach down to pet or turn their back on a bull? I won't. Because i read large potentially dangerous animals everyday and remaining sound has become an acutely instinctual part of my DNAhttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon10.gif

--->Dave

That's any breed, period.

Blame the owner, not the breed. I can't move anywhere because I decided I wanted a pit bull. My bully was raised by a responsible owner and I know that at any given moment he could go off and do something; because he's an animal. Breed is secondary to stimulus and training.

Back to the friendly debate. I didn't go to PM, I got off work and was busy filling sand bags at home for a project, Godfadduh :D

Anyways, I can see what the Sgt is saying regarding Marines with felonies. My point was off base because I used poolees so I'll correct myself.

If a Marine decided he was going to raise dogs to fight, beat them, electrocute them, burn them, drown them, use them as bait and bet on the outcome of said dog fights... then that Marine is a criminal.

He just committed several felonies. If he's not covered under the UCMJ then what steps will be taken by his command if he has to do civilian jail time? BCD? Brig time? Loss of security clearance?

Good, now he can't do his job but he was just a misguided Marine who only turned a bunch of dogs into ravenous, overly aggressive monsters.

He may deserve a second chance but it's most likely not going to be in the Marine Corps. He'll probably ruin his prospects for a regular job unless he's got some high speed skills so he's going to some unscrupulous employer who doesn't give a flip about his moral turpitude, I mean they were just dogs after all.

They were just dogs that had to be destroyed because they were a danger to society. They were just a bunch of guys who grew up around stuff like that, they didn't recognize it was wrong, that gambling on dogfighting was illegal and that the training methods they used were inhumane and cruel.

That's perfectly alright, I'll even turn the other cheek; but that doesn't mean he gets a cushy gig in the NFL.

Drafter
08-17-09, 09:39 PM
I don't think felons should be given the oppurtunity to be in a role where they could be a role model for kids. However there is something to be said for a man who has served his time and is sincerely sorry for what he has done. All in all I can't blame Vick for cutting a deal. Obviously he has something to offer that someone is willing to pay.

As for those Marines, dumbasses got what they had coming to them, what they did was just plain malicious. In no way shape or form should that ever be condoned or legitimized. Dog or no not a dog.

Phantom Blooper
08-17-09, 09:53 PM
When out walking and you see a person walking a dog....don't ask if the dog bites....so you can pet the thing..all dogs bite....might not bite you...but all dogs bite...thats why they are dogs.

Michael Vick should be banned.....his conviction is no different than Pete Rose in baseball and other atheletes doing or convicted of crimes....might even be worse...money talks.:evilgrin:

jetdoc
08-17-09, 11:21 PM
Vick is a piece of crap, a real low life. BTW, what is the thought process of the posters on here that are saying people eating dogs, you know, to feed themselves, is the same as animal abuse for pure entertainment? Boneheads.

That aside, Vick deserves to be in Philly. Those guys up there boo Santa Claus, so I am hoping they stay consistent and ride his dumb azz out of town.

0-16....Lets go Eagles, I know you can do it.

jetdoc
08-17-09, 11:24 PM
Mike, thanks for the pic of Vick having a chunk of his butt torn off...its now my new desktop image. I love it.

Zulu 36
08-17-09, 11:26 PM
When out walking and you see a person walking a dog....don't ask if the dog bites....so you can pet the thing..all dogs bite....might not bite you...but all dogs bite...thats why they are dogs.

Michael Vick should be banned.....his conviction is no different than Pete Rose in baseball and other atheletes doing or convicted of crimes....might even be worse...money talks.:evilgrin:

Inspector Clouseau: "Does your dug bite?"

Old Man: "No."

Dog: "Rraarrrrgh" (while biting Clouseau's hand)

Clouseau: I thought you said your dug does not bite?"

Old Man: "That's not my dog."

JohnEaceHunt
08-18-09, 04:49 AM
I agree Jetdoc, your right on. vick is a pile of crap. If I knew I would get the millions back I had lost, I'd convince the Queen of England she got the wrong kid from the Hospital. He should have gotten 1 year for every dog he tortured and killed, but got away with it with only a little over a year in jail. No one can tell me it was payment in full. *wd,buzzards won't even eat a dog laying on the side of the road, but people will. The gooks do, and chinamen, and a number of other countries will. You can't tell me you won't kill a fly that crawls up your nose and lays eggs where they crawl to your brain, however big it is. I believe you are off your rocker. vick deserves a job only on a garbage truck, not eventually making millions of dollars playing football again. I can tell he is lying and jiving about being so remorseful. Such a phoney.

jetdoc
08-18-09, 07:34 AM
I agree John. I know dog fighting goes on everyday, everywhere and all the animal rights groups and people that care in the world can't fully stop it, however we can do our part. The NFL can do its part, and by letting Vick back in with a slap on his wrist is just another example of how money rules this world we are in.

NoRemorse
08-18-09, 07:37 AM
I still think he should be mercilessly sacked at every possible opportunity...

YutYut
08-18-09, 08:00 AM
Vick is a piece of crap, a real low life. BTW, what is the thought process of the posters on here that are saying people eating dogs, you know, to feed themselves, is the same as animal abuse for pure entertainment? Boneheads.

That aside, Vick deserves to be in Philly. Those guys up there boo Santa Claus, so I am hoping they stay consistent and ride his dumb azz out of town.

0-16....Lets go Eagles, I know you can do it.

jetdoc, I officially hate you now. I'm sure we'll ride him out of town, but I doubt he'll get a ton of playing time anyway, so your dreams of a Philly 0-16 season is silliness. :marine:

YutYut
08-18-09, 08:02 AM
I still think he should be mercilessly sacked at every possible opportunity...

Or maybe just jumped by some Philly fans. Those Philly boys are no joke.

awbrown1462
08-18-09, 08:02 AM
http://d.yimg.com/a/p/umedia/20090818/cp.d645b388cc2bfbe3572dee6ba9a136ae.gif

NoRemorse
08-18-09, 08:03 AM
Or maybe just jumped by some Philly fans. Those Philly boys are no joke.

I don't know... that could lead to death!

jetdoc
08-18-09, 08:24 AM
jetdoc, I officially hate you now. I'm sure we'll ride him out of town, but I doubt he'll get a ton of playing time anyway, so your dreams of a Philly 0-16 season is silliness. :marine:

Yut, I am a Skins fan, so I gotta get on the Eagles. That said I do like a lot of their players as individuals, ie: McNabb, Westbrook and some others. Its just a rivalry thing for me, (I will say I pretty much hate the entire Cowboy team however).

That said, I can't say how much animal abuse sickens me...its right behind abuse of women and children, then animal abuse.

http://brotherpeacemaker.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/michael-vick.jpg

YutYut
08-18-09, 08:41 AM
NR: Hey, who am I to judge right? Someone on here once said "what's good for the goose, is good for the other goose."

jetdoc: I'm all about trash talking with rivals. I think the whole NFC East hates the Cowboys, not to mention half the NFL. My mother is somehow a skins fan (we're from Delaware, I don't get it) so I get into it with her all the time. I'm right there with you on animal abuse (and the abuse of women and children). I don't know how to explain how angry it makes me. My wife and I were looking to adopt a rescue bully until we found out she was growing a kidlet.

Anyway, I hate seeing pictures like that.

NoRemorse
08-18-09, 08:48 AM
You stealing my quotes, yut?

Wouldn't give up my bully for anything... well one thing and one thing only; and that's dependent on the off-base housing near any Marine Corps installation.

Anyways, he's a knuckle head but he's loveable and high energy so it's good PT.

I live close to Stamford, CT. The town is plagued with breeders and owners who are into dog fighting. Had a patient come in here, Valhalla, NY with his girlfriend and his rescue pit from Stamford. He found this dog wandering the streets of Stamford last winter during the bitter cold snap in December; took the dog to a shelter and waited for someone to claim it.

He couldn't help it, he just had to adopt this 3 year old, damaged, abused, malnourished dog.

I don't see how you could do that to a dog. It's not a stretch to be able to do that to a human but in most cases you could justify a stupid human deserving a beating.

Now I wanna walk the pup and accidentally spill some heineken for him to lap up. Lil' bastard.

Drafter
08-18-09, 09:17 AM
I don't think it's Vick that is the culprit here, the NFL and any team that considered him is guilty of allowing him to play. He should be eternally banned from all sports. As for the job on the back of the garbage truck, I'd like to have it, and I'm not a felon.

(mumbles to himself, rich ass mofos will do anything to turn a buck, including sellin' out their pets.)

Marine1955
08-18-09, 10:16 AM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:EeisBkoEMoLEaM:http://www.aboututila.com/Utila-East-Wind/2005-12/Photos/Dolfito-in-jail.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.aboututila.com/Utila-East-Wind/2005-12/Photos/Dolfito-in-jail.jpg&imgrefurl=http://armchairgm.wikia.com/PART_5-_JAY_F_MARIOTTI_INTERVIEW_WITH_MICHAEL_VICK&usg=__KzyL7xXH9VnM0OKxT_nWI_YhMps=&h=469&w=326&sz=50&hl=en&start=71&um=1&tbnid=EeisBkoEMoLEaM:&tbnh=128&tbnw=89&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmichael%2Bvick%2527s%2Bprison%2Bphoto s%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGIH_enUS329US3 29%26sa%3DN%26start%3D60%26um%3D1)
Enough of the bull. Who made Michael Vick his Bit*h while he was in prison. You know someone wanted to whip his azz while he was there. So did they keep him in Isolation or in population? I not only hate Vick for what he did I just hope someone whipped his azz while he was there. It would be nice to no if they did something like msnbc does on the weekends about prisons, where a team of people go there to document the inside of prisons and after there there they interview the prisoners and find out that Vick was a big puzzy that would be great.

YutYut
08-18-09, 11:39 AM
You stealing my quotes, yut?

Wouldn't give up my bully for anything... well one thing and one thing only; and that's dependent on the off-base housing near any Marine Corps installation.

Anyways, he's a knuckle head but he's loveable and high energy so it's good PT.

I live close to Stamford, CT. The town is plagued with breeders and owners who are into dog fighting. Had a patient come in here, Valhalla, NY with his girlfriend and his rescue pit from Stamford. He found this dog wandering the streets of Stamford last winter during the bitter cold snap in December; took the dog to a shelter and waited for someone to claim it.

He couldn't help it, he just had to adopt this 3 year old, damaged, abused, malnourished dog.

I don't see how you could do that to a dog. It's not a stretch to be able to do that to a human but in most cases you could justify a stupid human deserving a beating.

Now I wanna walk the pup and accidentally spill some heineken for him to lap up. Lil' bastard.

It's a good quote bro.

Luckily, there are many people out there that don't understand how you could do something like that to a dog. The pit my wife and I looked at was awesome. She just didn't play with our dog for some reason. They got along fine, but the high energy of both of them disappeared and they really seemed to do their own thing. I was bummed because she was a beautiful and happy pit

FistFu68
08-18-09, 01:13 PM
:evilgrin: Thats like the Frigging Hose Bag that hangs around My Ex-Wife,She goes Jack You got sum balls wearing that Michael Vick Jersey,I goes You ain't cooking on all 4 burners either Lisa,last count You were on Your 5th.Abortion!!!Wassup with That, Killer? :confused: :iwo:

YutYut
08-18-09, 01:20 PM
Fu, when I grow up I want to be like you

jetdoc
08-18-09, 01:31 PM
I don't think it's Vick that is the culprit here, the NFL and any team that considered him is guilty of allowing him to play. He should be eternally banned from all sports. As for the job on the back of the garbage truck, I'd like to have it, and I'm not a felon.

(mumbles to himself, rich ass mofos will do anything to turn a buck, including sellin' out their pets.)

Vick is the culprit as he did the crime but you're exactly correct about the NFL being scumbags for making this a money issue for them. I posted the same thing Drafter.

Drafter
08-18-09, 05:37 PM
Vick is the culprit as he did the crime but you're exactly correct about the NFL being scumbags for making this a money issue for them. I posted the same thing Drafter.

:beer:

MD8724
08-18-09, 06:15 PM
Vick did his time. I'm sure that the judge and jury and whoever else had a role in it has more knowledge than I do, so if they say he paid for his crimes in full, then he did. he didn't just serve 18 motnhs either, he also lost millions of dollars.

I also disagree with Drafter, about not letting felons be role models. Would you rather they continue to be felons ?

Hmm, Oh, and NoRemorse - Yes, all dogs can be mean and whatever, but Pits more so. You say it's all trianing, I say it's Nature agianst Nurture, and Nature wins everytime.

Anyways, Vick didn't allow himself back into the NFL. He didn't sign himself for 1.2 million, or however much it is. It's good for business. Don't hate the playa, playa :)

NoRemorse
08-18-09, 08:50 PM
Vick did his time. I'm sure that the judge and jury and whoever else had a role in it has more knowledge than I do, so if they say he paid for his crimes in full, then he did. he didn't just serve 18 motnhs either, he also lost millions of dollars.

I also disagree with Drafter, about not letting felons be role models. Would you rather they continue to be felons ?

Hmm, Oh, and NoRemorse - Yes, all dogs can be mean and whatever, but Pits more so. You say it's all trianing, I say it's Nature agianst Nurture, and Nature wins everytime.

Anyways, Vick didn't allow himself back into the NFL. He didn't sign himself for 1.2 million, or however much it is. It's good for business. Don't hate the playa, playa :)

That's the truth right there for any animal.

In the same vein it's not in a dog's nature to be human aggressive or dog aggressive. That doesn't happen until they're introduced to humans.

I don't blame the dog; the dog does what the dog does. I can understand the dog, I can't understand humans sometimes. Blame the human for not knowing what to do; be it the owner, the innocent passerby or the knuckle head messing with the dog.

MD8724
08-18-09, 09:11 PM
Dogs are born introduced to humans. Go out into the Rockies and see if you can find a wild Pit.

Just like we are born to survive by any means, so are dogs. Now, have Nature take over and tell you to attack a human for survival (I'm talking like, killing over food and ****, not defese) and see if you don't get the same treatment a dog would get when nature takes over and it attacks.

NoRemorse
08-18-09, 10:54 PM
I can see where you are going with this but I don't see how we got to this point.

I don't think the point is that dogs can be dangerous, we know that. The point is he was training dogs to fight, which makes them even more dangerous. I doubt many people are going to try to de-train these dogs.

It's not like War Dogs in the Pacific theater.

I think the main point was that some Marines on here think Vick shouldn't be playing for the NFL. Maybe I'd feel better about it if he was donating most of his millions to something charitable and living on a modest income.

Other Marines on here feel that he did his time and should be allowed to move on.

I can respect that viewpoint but I don't agree with it. He can learn from his past mistakes and transgressions but that doesn't give him a pass to be a potential NFL star again.

MD8724
08-18-09, 11:02 PM
Yeah I dont know how we got to Nature/Nurture either...

Anyways, You say he should get his 2nd chance, just not in the NFL.
I say you're jealous of his money.

Also, the only "millions" Vick has, is his debt.

1.8 million or whatever it was it ****ing pathetic.

Regardless, he will donate some of his income to charity for the rest of his career. it may just be to shut the dog lovers up, but the money will still get there.

i'm not saying what he did was right. But, he is reformed. Trying to ruin his life just because he has a skill we all wish we had is wrong as well.

NoRemorse
08-18-09, 11:06 PM
Not for nothing, he ruined his own life. Now he gets to pick himself up from the ashes and be in a position to do something.

I'm not jealous of his money but it's the same as a white collar crook. The guy gets a slap on the wrist and can go about his business before building back up. The issue is that America allows sh!t like this. He's reformed after doing over a year in jail?

That's earning his way back into the good graces of the public? I call BS on that. It may be a non-sequitor anyway. The fans could kill his career, he could become a public speaker, it can go a lot of ways but my initial reaction is to put the kibosh on his career.

He gets convicted of a felony, gets back out and has a job waiting for him? How many felons have that?

DocGreek
08-18-09, 11:09 PM
9 PAGES OF THIS CRAP???....ENOUGH ABOUT THAT SHMUCK!!

jetdoc
08-18-09, 11:38 PM
Yeah I dont know how we got to Nature/Nurture either...

Anyways, You say he should get his 2nd chance, just not in the NFL.
I say you're jealous of his money.

Also, the only "millions" Vick has, is his debt.

1.8 million or whatever it was it ****ing pathetic.

Regardless, he will donate some of his income to charity for the rest of his career. it may just be to shut the dog lovers up, but the money will still get there.

i'm not saying what he did was right. But, he is reformed. Trying to ruin his life just because he has a skill we all wish we had is wrong as well.

He is reformed? Thats rich. Trying to shut dog lovers up? 1.8 million is pathetic....talk about pathetic.

And your previous post is even more off the charts....dang dude.

JohnEaceHunt
08-19-09, 12:47 AM
Ron, I should have said a '2dola' job on a garbage truck. I was going to watch football, which is now dog ball, more this year, but not a game that vickie boy plays in. There are a lot of dog fighters out there, and the owners just didn't want to loose their business. How long will it take for a bunch of players to want off vicks team?, OR, some big 400 pounder decide vick doesn't need to play anymore. I may watch for that, no, I'll just read it in the news.

HurricaneRJ
08-19-09, 04:23 AM
I was a fan of Vick until this dog fighting thing came out of him. It ****ed me off but whatever. I'm all about second chances and this idea of pitbulls being aggressive breeds is ridiculous. I have a pit I rescued from dog fighting and she never once bit, scratch, or even barked at any human that comes to my house. She even sleeps with the cats that I have.

Any owner of a pitbull knows that it's how you raise the dog, and yes most people want a mean killing machine dog but if you give a pitbull a tempermeant test, you will find that it is very tolerable. All it takes is training to make a dog do what you want.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v708/0/5/1442313102/n1442313102_30144222_2243.jpg

JohnEaceHunt
08-19-09, 04:29 AM
RJ, I agree with everything you said about the Dogs. They are mean because people make them that way. Fine young Man, and Good looking Dog.

YutYut
08-19-09, 08:08 AM
RJ, that's right. Hell the Staffie is nicknamed the nannie dog because they're great with kids.

NoRemorse
08-19-09, 08:12 AM
RJ, that's right. Hell the Staffie is nicknamed the nannie dog because they're great with kids.

That's what they use them for in Japan.

Put the trained dog with the kid; the kid is in a circle, the kid deviates from the circle, the dog picks him up and puts him back in.

jetdoc
08-19-09, 08:26 AM
I was a fan of Vick until this dog fighting thing came out of him. It ****ed me off but whatever. I'm all about second chances and this idea of pitbulls being aggressive breeds is ridiculous. I have a pit I rescued from dog fighting and she never once bit, scratch, or even barked at any human that comes to my house. She even sleeps with the cats that I have.

Any owner of a pitbull knows that it's how you raise the dog, and yes most people want a mean killing machine dog but if you give a pitbull a tempermeant test, you will find that it is very tolerable. All it takes is training to make a dog do what you want.

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v708/0/5/1442313102/n1442313102_30144222_2243.jpg

Ray, I too really liked Vick...from back at V-tech. I didn't see his press conference, so I don't know whats in his heart, only he and God knows. If he has indeed changed he can make a BIG difference at putting a stop to dog fighting and abuse of dogs.

We also have a Pit named Bazooka Joe. He is the sweetest, kindest dog we have. We adopted him from a foster home who is part of a Pit rescue. He was going to be raised as a bait dog. It took the rescue several months of court to get the dog.

As the Dog Whisperer Ceaser Mallin says, there's no such thing as bad dogs, just bad owners.

BTW, beautiful dog my brother.

YutYut
08-19-09, 08:27 AM
Bazooka Joe...that's an awesome name.

NoRemorse
08-19-09, 08:28 AM
Pics please

jetdoc
08-19-09, 08:54 AM
Bazooka Joe...that's an awesome name.

Yea we were trying to think of a name that applied to him. The kids had some name like BooBoo or something. I didn't like that, but they continually called him boo so we were sitting around at work talking and someone asked about the old gum comics, Bazooka Joe....right then and there it hit me...that would be a cool name for our new dog. Kids still say Boo, but its close enough to Bazooka.

NR, my kids have all the pics on their 'puter, this is the only one I have on my laptop.

NoRemorse
08-19-09, 09:00 AM
I've only got a puppy pic of our loveable lil mutt here. He's grown up into your classic pitbull knucklehead.

And yes, Bazooka Joe is an awesome name... as long as he doesn't live up to it by having explosive ****s.

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp337/pfc_acosta/DSCF0231.jpg

jetdoc
08-19-09, 09:18 AM
Haha, NR, he is cute. Whats his name?

What do you mean by explosive *****? Sorry kinda slow. I only read the Bazooka Joe bubblegum comics and how he wore the turtle neck over his face.

NoRemorse
08-19-09, 09:25 AM
Haha, NR, he is cute. Whats his name?

What do you mean by explosive *****? Sorry kinda slow. I only read the Bazooka Joe bubblegum comics and how he wore the turtle neck over his face.

Filter got me, forgot what forum we were in.

Explosive poops, just hoping his hindquarters aren't the bazooka in question. I'm running on one or two cylinders myself.

And I forgot that you asked his name, I'm mentally done.

His name is Nacho. Long story, we shortened it to "all puppies smell like Nachos"

The long version is.... uh.... it's just a weird, obscure running reference joke.