PDA

View Full Version : help!!

charlesM
08-13-09, 05:30 PM
hi my is charles and i need help.i havent went to the usmc to sign up because im still in 9th high school.i wanted to be a marine ever since i was 13 when i saw my uncle join.but the reason i need help is because im 17 and shamefully still in the 9th grade.i had to repeat the 9 grade 3 times and now im thinking its a waste of my time,im not gettin any younger and i feel like im never gonna finish school, i spoke to my family and friends and they told me i might have chance of dropping out of high school and get my g.e.d but the thing is .i dont know if thats a good idea! a lot of people told me its hard to get in the usmc with a g.e.d.. im lost i dont know what to do.. should i try to finish school or stop wasting my time and get my g.e.d already, help!

JoeInVille
08-13-09, 08:40 PM
Wow, just wow.

Lisa 23
08-13-09, 08:43 PM
http://www.theofficialsoulpatrol.com/forum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/nocomment.gif (http://javascript<b></b>:void(0);)

Petz
08-13-09, 08:44 PM
no, you'd need college to get in with a GED... AND you'd need to pass the ASVAB which by the way you wrote that horrible monster you called a paragraph, you'd fail every time you would take it.

It's best that you start GOING to school and maybe you won't fail all those classes.

then, even if you're 24 when you graduate you can still join the Marine Corps... It's best for you, it's best for the Corps, and it's best for your future AFTER the Corps if you still choose to join.

now instead of surfing the Internet, go study and do your homework.

jprtech
08-13-09, 08:59 PM
Listen up! Marines NEVER quit! So by quitting high school, what's to say you won't want to throw in the towel when you try to get in the Marines?

You want to be a Marine real bad? Suck it up and stay in school. Earn your HS diploma, which will be something you will be proud of.

Then and ONLY then, go see your recruiter.

Lupo22
08-13-09, 09:00 PM
i don't even know what to say to this one...don't drop out. finish. if you repeated 9th grade 3x's, then you probably wouldn't pass your GED test or the ASVAB.

MLMonk
08-13-09, 09:10 PM
I know I got 4/6 F's in 9th grade, but damn, I still passed HS without staying back a grade. Don't drop out of it, complete the rest of your school and then take your ASVAB and IF you pass, then maybe you will qualify to join.

BR34
08-13-09, 09:21 PM
I agree with the above, stay in school. But don't do it for the Marine Corps. Do it for yourself, because without that education your future won't be too great, with or without the Marine Corps.

Phantom Blooper
08-13-09, 09:45 PM
Stay in school!

What type of classes are you taking?

Academic,General, Special Ed?

:evilgrin:

Sgt Leprechaun
08-13-09, 11:53 PM
Sweet mother mary.

Dropping out would prove you are a quitter.

Get the davmn diploma!

Lastly, your writing is painful to read. One of the rules of this site is GOOD GRAMMAR. While you may not think it's important, it is. Discipline begins....HERE.

IF you return to our little playground, you will learn much.

Lastly, a GED isn't worth squat. A HS Diploma will get you in no matter your GPA.

Neither will get you a job doing landscaping (maybe) or picking up trash along side the highway, or scrubbing out the hose that sucks the shvit out of the porta-john.

Your call.