PDA

View Full Version : For those still following my story

pooleedavis91
08-13-09, 05:22 PM
For the Marines and all those who keep me encouraged to pursue my situation. For those who dont know i was enlisted last summer and was told I was disqualified for "unreadable blood". The MEPS doctors said they can't tell if I have HIV or not. I got a civilian blood test that came back HIV negative but I was unable to ship out this past June 22nd as planned and have not been able to get any kind of support from my recruiter in my hometown.

I took the advice of some on this site and pursued the waiver from my congressman for MEPS to take civilian work but the lady working on it got fired. I haven't heard from my congressman in weeks and I was wondering if it would do any good to talk to a recruite in my current city of Corpus Christi. The bad thing about that is I would go to the same MEPS where the "unreadable" blood work is. I have 2 questions:

1. Why am I unable to just go back to MEPS and enlist like I never did before
2. What if anything else can I do to become a Marine?

Any kind of advice is greatly appreciated :thumbup:

Rocky C
08-13-09, 06:08 PM
#1. I'd be worrying about my Health first and foremost.
#2. Take the Civilian Blood Test sheet to your MEPS. A legitimate Test is a Legitimate test. Dosen't matter if the Lady got fired or not it's a Record you can get.

pooleedavis91
08-14-09, 11:44 AM
#1. I'd be worrying about my Health first and foremost.
#2. Take the Civilian Blood Test sheet to your MEPS. A legitimate Test is a Legitimate test. Dosen't matter if the Lady got fired or not it's a Record you can get.

Yes my health is very important to me. I'm just saying that I am healthy and I was told I still have to get a waiver. I will take the civilian blood test to MEPS should I go again. Thank you for your advice.

fjmas1976
08-14-09, 12:42 PM
For some reason, the Doctors at MEPS seem unable to view civilian Doctors/Physicians opinions/reports/letters as strong evidence that no health issue is present. I'm having the same issue with mine. It's been over 10 years since my last medical issue, I have multiple documents and letters stating I am good to go, and I'm STILL getting refused by the MEPS Doctors. MEPS works in myserious ways:usmc:

Big Jim
08-14-09, 02:51 PM
For the Marines and all those who keep me encouraged to pursue my situation. For those who dont know i was enlisted last summer and was told I was disqualified for "unreadable blood". The MEPS doctors said they can't tell if I have HIV or not. I got a civilian blood test that came back HIV negative but I was unable to ship out this past June 22nd as planned and have not been able to get any kind of support from my recruiter in my hometown.

I took the advice of some on this site and pursued the waiver from my congressman for MEPS to take civilian work but the lady working on it got fired. I haven't heard from my congressman in weeks and I was wondering if it would do any good to talk to a recruite in my current city of Corpus Christi. The bad thing about that is I would go to the same MEPS where the "unreadable" blood work is. I have 2 questions:

1. Why am I unable to just go back to MEPS and enlist like I never did before
2. What if anything else can I do to become a Marine?

Any kind of advice is greatly appreciated :thumbup:

WTF....?? Really....???? Get this taken care of immediately...as to whether or not you have HIV/AIDS or not.....!!!! Its a frikkin death sentence.....!!!! Don't you know there's still no cure for HIV...?!?! I do know...until you do get it proven that you don't have it....you won't be allowed anywhere near a MEPS Center....

pooleedavis91
08-14-09, 11:50 PM
WTF....?? Really....???? Get this taken care of immediately...as to whether or not you have HIV/AIDS or not.....!!!! Its a frikkin death sentence.....!!!! Don't you know there's still no cure for HIV...?!?! I do know...until you do get it proven that you don't have it....you won't be allowed anywhere near a MEPS Center....

Yes Sergeant I have since then taken numerous blood tests. And I do mean numerous, and they have all came back HIV Negative. The thing is that MEPS wont take civilian blood work. I just dont understand why I can't go to MEPS again. It bothers me so much that my plan and dream to become a Marine is not coming true because of a technicality on the behalf of the MEPS. My recruiter in Victoria told me I was disqualified for "unreadable blood" How is it "unreadable" when a civilian doctor can and MEPS can't?

Petz
08-15-09, 12:01 AM
I would make a stop off to your congressman's office.... I know CC is waaaaaay out of his way, but it's a sure fire way to get him on top of it... especially when he finds out you came from where ever to there...

you said the lady at MEPs got fired or the person in the senators office got fired?

anyways... keep calling them to find out what's going on... squeaky wheel gets the grease for those lame ducks in washington.

pooleedavis91
08-15-09, 11:28 AM
I would make a stop off to your congressman's office.... I know CC is waaaaaay out of his way, but it's a sure fire way to get him on top of it... especially when he finds out you came from where ever to there...

you said the lady at MEPs got fired or the person in the senators office got fired?

anyways... keep calling them to find out what's going on... squeaky wheel gets the grease for those lame ducks in washington.

Yes SSgt. The lady at the congressmans office who was working on my waiver was fired. She would tell me she was so busy on it and it was almost finished just awaiting a few more signatures and this new guy who was supposed to be working on it hasn't even called. I was just wondering is it possible to just go to the recruiter in my city now and just go back to meps like I have never gone before?

Petz
08-15-09, 12:45 PM
probably not... but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I'd still pursue the congressmans office.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-18-09, 02:19 AM
Go talk to your recruiter and see if you can try again. This sounds like a MEPS foul up (unless we aren't getting the whole story) that should/could be easily fixed.

pooleedavis91
08-18-09, 02:45 PM
Go talk to your recruiter and see if you can try again. This sounds like a MEPS foul up (unless we aren't getting the whole story) that should/could be easily fixed.

I did give the full story and I talked to the local recruiter and he said if i brought the civilian blood work in I should be ok with MEPS. I will keep yall updated.

GyC
08-18-09, 03:47 PM
I did give the full story and I talked to the local recruiter and he said if i brought the civilian blood work in I should be ok with MEPS. I will keep yall updated.

No sh^t... They should have forwarded your civilian work when you got it... Where are you at?? Nevermind, Texas... There was someone else on here with a MEPS issue from your area... HMMM... Good luck, make sure you give ALL your docs to the Recruiter... S/F

pooleedavis91
08-18-09, 05:24 PM
No sh^t... They should have forwarded your civilian work when you got it... Where are you at?? Nevermind, Texas... There was someone else on here with a MEPS issue from your area... HMMM... Good luck, make sure you give ALL your docs to the Recruiter... S/F

They said they did forward it but MEPS said they never got it. I've been told to just stay ontop of the situation and thats what im going to do with all respect. I did talk to the recruiter here in Corpus and he said to bring in the civilian work and he would send it up to meps but its the same meps i already enlisted out of. So we'll see how it goes.