PDA

View Full Version : Exception to Policy Waver

GZMoore
08-13-09, 02:54 AM
Hello Marines. Has anyone here heard of an Exception to Policy Waver being denied then approved later through another means? Have been trying to join for the last few months now, but have been hitting a brick wall over my half sleeve. It was determined that I would need an Exception to Policy Waver which made it all the way up to a General who turned me down. The Gunny Sergeant at my recruiting station told me that now we need to write a Congressman(?) in order to receive an okay from him, and that will somehow persuade the General into changing his mind. I can't imagine some Congressman managing in anyway to influence a General's decision, but at this point it seems to be my last and only chance. So just wondering if any Marines here knew of someone in a similar situation that came out okay or otherwise?

Thanks for your time Marines, keep up the good work.

Sgt Leprechaun
08-13-09, 03:46 AM
1: It's 'Gunnery Sergeant'.

2: Doubtful. Extremely so. The Commandant HIMself has basically set the tattoo policy. Some congresscritter is likely to do nothing more than annoy the General and waste everyone's time, and get your hopes up for nothing.

Bottom line? No go I'm afraid.

GZMoore
08-13-09, 02:16 PM
That's really too bad to hear. Guess I can't do anything but hold out. Thanks for response Sergeant.