PDA

View Full Version : Head Injuries?

ShaunW
08-12-09, 06:54 AM
I've had 2 surgeries done on my head. Once I hit a tree when I was little while sledding, and one from a very unexpected line drive that clipped me above my right eye.
Really nothing worse than what most kids go through playing sports. No concussions or blackouts. Just plastic surgery from sledding and a few stitches from baseball.

I know that medical questions should be directed to my local recruiter, and I did ask. I was told not to say anything at MEPs. No, No, No, is my best bet to enlist. But I'd prefer not to leave anything out.

Unless specifically asked, I wont say anything, as it would just be unnecessary information.

So my question is, would you think that I would get my enlistment denied from that?

Anyone else get cracked in the face with a baseball out there?

NoRemorse
08-12-09, 07:32 AM
Not in the face but on the side of the head. Got a nice dent. No loss of consciousness. Disclosed it. No problem.

There are sections on the medical portion of the process that ask if you've had a myriad of issues. There are a lot of them listed; at least on the forms I filled out during my in-processing. Doubt they'd change it since then.

I'd be more concerned with damage to your skull and neurological issues. Tell him you're going to disclose.

ShaunW
08-12-09, 07:41 AM
Not in the face but on the side of the head. Got a nice dent. No loss of consciousness. Disclosed it. No problem.

There are sections on the medical portion of the process that ask if you've had a myriad of issues. There are a lot of them listed; at least on the forms I filled out during my in-processing. Doubt they'd change it since then.

I'd be more concerned with damage to your skull and neurological issues. Tell him you're going to disclose.

Thank you for that, I'll probably speak with my recruiter again Thursday or Friday(I work nights, hard to catch any of you day-walkers)

Interesting quote you have, by the way. It makes you wonder... Why do people take medications for being too hyper? Or depressed? Or -Insert unsociable personality quirk here-

NoRemorse
08-12-09, 07:47 AM
Thank you for that, I'll probably speak with my recruiter again Thursday or Friday(I work nights, hard to catch any of you day-walkers)

Interesting quote you have, by the way. It makes you wonder... Why do people take medications for being too hyper? Or depressed? Or -Insert unsociable personality quirk here-

Research the number of medical advancements we've made as compared to the rise in autism and other developmental disorder for just one of a few plausible theories.

Lisa 23
08-12-09, 08:53 AM
Like NoRemorse said, disclose it to both your Recruiter and at MEPS. <br />
Good Luck to you! <br />
<br />
Fraudulent enlistment or appointment. <br />
That the accused knowingly misrepresented or deliberately concealed...

GyC
08-12-09, 09:20 AM
I've had 2 surgeries done on my head. Once I hit a tree when I was little while sledding, and one from a very unexpected line drive that clipped me above my right eye.
Really nothing worse than what most kids go through playing sports. No concussions or blackouts. Just plastic surgery from sledding and a few stitches from baseball.

I know that medical questions should be directed to my local recruiter, and I did ask. I was told not to say anything at MEPs. No, No, No, is my best bet to enlist. But I'd prefer not to leave anything out.

Unless specifically asked, I wont say anything, as it would just be unnecessary information.

So my question is, would you think that I would get my enlistment denied

from that?

Anyone else get cracked in the face with a baseball out there?

You should disclose it, on the 2807 Medical prescreen form... Get the documents together as well, and helpyour Recruiter facilitate your screening/enlistment... As was stated above, you don't want to start out in the Corps not telling the truth... You'll be fine, it will just take a few extra days to get you to the MEPS... S/F