PDA

View Full Version : Barracks

irizavrima
08-11-09, 02:59 PM
I am not going to gripe or complain. I want this to be as serious and professional as possible. What do you all think about the barracks issue in the Marine Corps. I find it quite odd that many higher ups in my chain of command can come in my room, ignore the black mold on the ceiling, the detiorating ceiling, and the overall poor condition of the barracks and complain about dust underneath my fridge. Does base maintenance not have a responsibility to fix these things, is there any kind of formal complaint process? I recall the barracks manager as being quite a joke, stacks of paper sat on his desk and he is now being administratively seperated.

Petz
08-11-09, 03:02 PM
you can get bleach in a spray bottle and kill that black mold... it's on the surface... if you had dry-wall then it would be base maint...

clean your room properly.

but if it's largely ignored you can contact a congressman... tell him you wish to be anonymous

Supersquishy
08-11-09, 03:08 PM
If your room is all brick, and no carpeting you could move everything out front and take a pressure washer and go to town. Yea the barracks manager are short timers skating by to get out. Find your NCOIC and go through the chain until something is done, eventually it will get to the SGTMAJ or even the CO if its bad enough.

edit: hang a gripe sheet next to your door stating the obvious. During field day inspections they should have no excuse not to see it and act upon the situation, after all its their ass from this point on.

GSEMarine94
08-11-09, 03:15 PM
Put it in writing, then give it to your NCOIC and OIC and ask them to sign that they received it. Having someones name on a piece of paper tends to get things done a lot quicker.

jebollenbach
08-11-09, 03:39 PM
If there are others with the same problem you can come together and Request Mast. It is your right and you cannot be punished.

irizavrima
08-11-09, 04:20 PM
Thank you for the responses. I think I will be more reluctant to speak up about the issues. I can't really expect anybody else to be proactive about the issue.

Old Marine
08-11-09, 04:25 PM
Above all, make sure that what you are making the complaint about is actually what you say it is.

Achped
08-11-09, 04:40 PM
We got back from Iraq, for a month or so afterwards we had no AC, no hot water, roaches, this place blew ass.

We complained, our CO knew about it, and its still not really fixed. Oh well right? The Marine Corps sucks at living conditions. We all know this.

My question is though: Why does the Army, Navy and Air Force all have more people to house yet do it better and more efficiently with better living conditions? They don't even had dutys!!!