PDA

View Full Version : Almost there

USMCDrippin
08-11-09, 12:06 PM
Our recruit is graduating MCRD San Diego on Aug 28th. This is his second time in boot. He had to leave in 2007 and after 11 surgeries and a lot of dissappointment he is about to realize his dream. He never gave up and the Marine Corps never stopped supporting him. Thanks for the prayers and support. God bless the recruits, Marines and PARENTS!!!

Semper Gumby!!!

dizark
08-11-09, 01:44 PM
Outstanding news... be sure he checks in here when he does graduate.

Momof2Marines
08-12-09, 12:56 PM
Jim, thats wonderful, I know you are so proud!! Be sure to go for Family day on Thursday. Let me know how it goes.

Cyndy

USMCDrippin
08-12-09, 01:03 PM
Thank you. We WILL be there. I will bring him by to show him off!!! He started at 208lbs and is now 179lbs. We may just walk past him. The Padres are hosting his BN on the 23rd. Thank you for your wonderful support!
Jim

USMCDrippin
08-20-09, 02:23 PM
Received post from 1st Sgt Charlie. Welcome to the Marine Corps.Jim

Petz
08-20-09, 02:29 PM
when you see him, he'll more than likely not want any fast food so have some good healthy home cooking with you... I know I wish my parents brought that... but I got sick on junk food (didn't take much... I was used to eating healthyish with no oil and crap in it).

bring some of his favorite snacks for him to sample... Take lots of photos... if you can afford it, buy a good digital camera and after you get your graduation photos from it gift it to him (tell him so he doesn't buy one... that's like one of the first things recruits do with 3,000 dollars.....) you can write it off on your taxes! :D

anyways... you'll have great photos for yourselves and for him that he can share since it was taken with a good camera (my parents used a disposable... need I mention they sucked?)

USMCDrippin
08-20-09, 02:39 PM
SSGT: Thank you for the advice. I am so proud I don't know what to do right now. We will go all out. And... we will find the Marines that do not have people there and we will take care of them. Semper FI.

Petz
08-20-09, 03:01 PM
many of the Marines who don't have parents there will probably venture out and buy stuff... sometimes their folks can only make it to graduation... so don't plan to make a feast... don't want food to be wasted.

USMCDrippin
08-20-09, 03:54 PM
Thank you. We do not want to impose on anyone's journey. It is personal to each Marine and we appreciate that.

Petz
08-20-09, 05:52 PM
oh, I'm not saying you would by offering chow... just that once they cut them loose they already have plans... it's "to the winds" with them.

so... that's all I meant.

USMCDrippin
08-21-09, 10:58 AM
SSgt: Thank you for the information. It is great to have people like you that provide insight to help us. My wife and I are so proud to join the Marine family and may get crazy with the desire to ensure all of these Marines have support. These sites have been extremely informative!!!

ochoa26
08-21-09, 01:57 PM
Graduation day is a day that he will never forget. I know I haven't. I did not have anyone there on graduation day since I was originaly from CA and Boot in PI so no one made it out, I know its going to mean a lot to him to have you there.

samthomas
08-21-09, 02:56 PM
Our recruit is graduating MCRD San Diego on Aug 28th.

Do they not graduate on Saturday anymore?

USMCDrippin
08-21-09, 06:58 PM
They now grad on Fridays. Family Day is Thursday. Can not wait!!! Probably walk past him. Went in at 208 and is now 178. They are taking the Bt to the Padres game on the 23rd. We have been so impressed with the Marine Corps support. My son made a great decision. Thank you for your service. What a great group.

Petz
08-21-09, 07:37 PM
They now grad on Fridays. Family Day is Thursday. Can not wait!!! Probably walk past him. Went in at 208 and is now 178. They are taking the Bn to the Padres game on the 23rd. We have been so impressed with the Marine Corps support. My son made a great decision. Thank you for your service. What a great group.

corrected

TJKUSMC
08-24-09, 01:22 AM
Your son sounds like he will be a great Marine. Someone who never gives up there dream and works hard to achieve his or her goal is a strong individual in my eyes. Congrats and Semper Fi.