PDA

View Full Version : Prior medical history and MEPS

LiveFree
08-11-09, 01:27 AM
I have a question about my prior medical history and how it pertains to MEPS, more specifically if it would keep me from joining the Marines. I'm 22 now but when I was about 17-18 I was prescribed Zoloft and was using it for less than 6 months before I went off of it. It did absolutely nothing for me and I found out what I really just need was to work out and change my circle of friends. I also just recently have had some stomach pains and other symptoms of a possible ulcer, which I'm getting checked out this coming Thursday. I'm really angry about this one as I'm supposed to have my physical on Friday and this random medical problem just surfaced.

Now the question is with having used an anti-depressant 3 years ago and my recent possible ulcer or whatever they diagnose me with bar me from joining the Marines? I scored an 86 on my ASVAB and I would like to join the Infantry and eventually become an officer, this being the case I would like to be as honest and upfront as possible for MEPS.

Any help is appreciated.

Lisa 23
08-11-09, 08:00 AM
No profile, no answers. And read the rules in the Poolee and Ask A Marine forums. :thumbup:

LiveFree
08-11-09, 11:08 AM
Sorry about that, I have now filled out my profile.

GyC
08-11-09, 10:00 PM
Sorry about that, I have now filled out my profile.

That's about all you'll get out of that Marine... Profile Nazi... Inform your Recruiter of your issues, and provide medical documentation for both of your issues, it does you no good to not disclose it, everything catches up to you... It sounds like you have issues with anxiety?? I'm no doctor, but have seen similiar situations, and have seen it go both ways... Good luck with your issues... S/F

LiveFree
08-12-09, 12:30 AM
That's about all you'll get out of that Marine... Profile Nazi... Inform your Recruiter of your issues, and provide medical documentation for both of your issues, it does you no good to not disclose it, everything catches up to you... It sounds like you have issues with anxiety?? I'm no doctor, but have seen similiar situations, and have seen it go both ways... Good luck with your issues... S/F

Well the doctor performed an endoscopy and couldn't find an ulcer so up next is the colonoscopy. I can't believe this happened right before I started getting the ball rolling, I took my ASVAB and was ready to go through MEPS then, BOOM, my body started acting up. I don't get it, I started working out again; running, lifting, and I even quit smoking cigarettes. It ****es me off to no end, I just want my damn diagnosis and treatment so I can go ahead and enlist already. I want to serve my country!

Also, I don't have any issues with anxiety or stress. I'm a pretty calm and logical person, the issue with mild depression was nothing more than a childish cry for attention. What I really should of had was a swift kick to the ass.

MicMarine
08-19-09, 02:14 PM
That's about all you'll get out of that Marine... Profile Nazi...

Couldn't have said it better myself.