PDA

View Full Version : Winter Digi?

yellowwing
08-10-09, 11:15 PM
Just curious as to winter camouflage uniforms. Is there a white digi pattern?

Sergeant M
08-10-09, 11:27 PM
I've seen something like this, a white/gray MARPAT, but I'm pretty sure it's a company making them, hoping to get a government contract. If they're actually issued to Marines in certain places, I have no idea.

yellowwing
08-11-09, 12:44 AM
I've seen something like this, a white/gray MARPAT, but I'm pretty sure it's a company making them, hoping to get a government contract. If they're actually issued to Marines in certain places, I have no idea.
Well, sounds like we should plan a little ski trip into Pickle Meadows this winter and see for ourselves! :thumbup:

Sergeant M
08-11-09, 12:47 AM
http://www.specwar.info/maskovani/usa/marpat-snow.jpg
Well, sounds like we should plan a little ski trip into Pickle Meadows this winter and see for ourselves! :thumbup:

GIrene
08-12-09, 10:47 PM
I actually like that... the key to snow camo is to NOT overdo it... or you'll just attract the eye that much faster. Most have either been plain white or white with feathering or smatterings or spaced patterns of gray and maybe some pine greens if its forested areas.

Barnett23
08-14-09, 05:56 PM
I like but there should be some white kevlar covers also.

Barnett23
08-14-09, 06:01 PM
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/images/bdu-white-DFST9204408_JPG.jpg

Zulu 36
08-14-09, 06:22 PM
I actually like that... the key to snow camo is to NOT overdo it... or you'll just attract the eye that much faster. Most have either been plain white or white with feathering or smatterings or spaced patterns of gray and maybe some pine greens if its forested areas.

This is very true. When in the Air Guard we pulled a winter exercise where we did a deliberate quiet night attack onto a fixed defensive position (the county Sheriff's SWAT team played the bad guys). We had to cross some open terrain covered with snow, but behind us was a forested area (fir trees). We wore full snow camo suits. No moon.

The SWAT guys said we were really hard to see from the waist down against the snow, but stood out like white lights from the waist up against the dark tree line. Had we left the white tops off, we probably would have been able to walk right up to them undetected. A lesson learned by both sides as the SWAT guys had a large rural area as well as urban areas to cover and they had snow camo suits too.

I know the SWAT guys weren't goofing off and just lucked out seeing us. There was a beer purchase involved at the end of the fight by the losers. They were awake and lookin'. My unit paid - that time.

Petz
08-14-09, 06:23 PM
it used to be white linen suits that each guy painted some gray on there with a spray can... why pay for a few digi splotches when paint works just fine?

as for the tree line... that's just paying attention to your surroundings... if you were serious you'd have been low crawling so you didn't skyline yourself like that...

Zulu 36
08-14-09, 06:35 PM
We did go low, but too late. They saw us very early on. Lessons learned all around that night. That was why we used the SWAT team. They were hard chargers, paid attention, and liked competition. They...

Petz
08-14-09, 06:37 PM
check.