PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about joining the Marines (possible setback)

Bobby08
08-10-09, 04:37 PM
Hey all, my name is Bobby and I'll be 19 in a week. I had never really paid much attention or given much thought to joining the Military until now. Ever since I was little my parents had wanted me to be successful, go to College and not have to live like they had to live. When I graduated High School, my Dad's business hit a bit of a slump so going to College was completely on my back, eventually forcing me to drop out after completing only 1 semester, and this also will leave me without insurance on my birthday.

Since I was 15 I've been lifting and in the past year playing sports for the first time since I was 11, my biggest set back was my Asthma. I've drastically reduced my symptoms, and I can say training for the Marines these past few months that I've never felt better in my entire life (5'6, 160lbs 15% BF). Now, I don't think getting a waiver will be a problem considering how minor my Asthma is, and I'm capable of running several miles without need of an inhaler. But, having Asthma for all these years an inhaler is like my 'security blanket', so my question to you guys is, is it possible to have an inhaler during boot camp/when I'm deployed? Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you respond

-Bobby

Lisa 23
08-10-09, 04:41 PM
You're in the WRONG forum Wannabe. This forum is for Marine Corps Veterans.

Sergeant M
08-10-09, 06:08 PM
LASWMarine is correct. To answer your question: NO.