PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Mechanic

fieldsjoe89
08-10-09, 03:58 PM
Just wondering for those who had this MOS, did you over all like it. I have never been much of a mechanic, but I know I will be taught everything I need to know if I stick with this MOS.
I don't know the exact MOS number but I believe it is one of the Fixed-Wing mechanice.

Supersquishy
08-10-09, 04:09 PM
Just wondering for those who had this MOS, did you over all like it. I have never been much of a mechanic, but I know I will be taught everything I need to know if I stick with this MOS.
I don't know the exact MOS number but I believe it is one of the Fixed-Wing mechanice.

I was a Harrier Mechanic, I learned a lot about jet aircraft, jet engines, and all the components to them. I ended up getting an A&P(Civilian license to work on airplanes) from the experience I gained worth about 20 grand or so. Im not going to sugar coat it but it really is a lot of work to maintain 12 aircraft. I did not love working on the Jets, but I did like being able to work with my hands, problem sovle, and being trusted working on multimillion dollar tools! Most of all making true friends and sharing the adventures we had. I had a blast in general.

fieldsjoe89
08-10-09, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the insight, I been thinking long and hard on it lately and just wondering other views on it.