PDA

View Full Version : I just can't get away from these mother freakers...

Achped
08-10-09, 11:23 AM
http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/tc_graphics/latest_satellite.php?stormid=EP082009

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/cphc/tc_graphics/2009/graphics/EP082009W1.gif

Grew up in Florida, got hit by one at least every year, 5 in 2005 alone. Now this...but its only a tropical depression. I love all the Hawaiians getting sand bags ready like its a big deal. I plan on being in the water on Wednesday :)

ameriken
08-10-09, 11:25 AM
Even mother nature is out to getcha, Achped! :D

Achped
08-10-09, 11:29 AM
Mother nature must be a SNCO ;)

Lupo22
08-10-09, 11:46 AM
Grew up in Florida, got hit by one at least every year, 5 in 2005 alone. Now this...but its only a tropical depression. I love all the Hawaiians getting sand bags ready like its a big deal. I plan on being in the water on Wednesday :)

Ya, i was in Fort Lauderdale when that happened. The west coast (port charlotte) got HAMMERED that year!! And then we got Katrina before she blew up New Orleans and Wilma a few months later! We made a lot of money doing FEMA clean up and residential/commercial removals those years!!

Supersquishy
08-10-09, 11:47 AM
LOL, thats funny, Im in FL so far so good......knock on wood. Hey ACHPED did you get flooded during Hurricane Wilma?...I did and destroyed everything I had:devious:

Ed Palmer
08-10-09, 12:09 PM
Mother nature must be a SNCO ;)

Would you belive a (Butter bar) Second lieutenant

Lupo22
08-10-09, 12:36 PM
LOL, thats funny, Im in FL so far so good......knock on wood. Hey ACHPED did you get flooded during Hurricane Wilma?...I did and destroyed everything I had:devious:

sorry to hear that...Wilma was a *****. we had no power for like a month or so. it was nice though that God blessed us with a cold front for about a week after the storm!! beautiful weather afterwards!

on a side note, in october i did a lot of hurricane FEMA work in Galveston after Ike I believe. that place was under 11-15ft of water...every single house on the island was ruined. every one that was within the levee that surrounds the main island.

Supersquishy
08-10-09, 02:20 PM
sorry to hear that...Wilma was a *****.

Yea, I don't wish SALT water/sewage flooding on anyones homes, except for one person and I hope he goes to hell. (the guy I did business with)

08-10-09, 04:25 PM
Born and raised Naples FL. Been though a lot of them... Andrew is the only one I remember vividly.

Lupo22
08-10-09, 05:22 PM
Born and raised Naples FL. Been though a lot of them... Andrew is the only one I remember vividly.

we survived right through the heart of Andrew. It was a nightmare. I was ony 10 or so. Ugh. it was fun being locked up with the family playing board games and stuff but the months without power and the cleanup...forget it!

Petz
08-10-09, 07:01 PM
what I don't understand is why don't they have sewage shut-off valves in flood plains? close off the house to it....

anyways... AchPed... the reason is 'cause that's all hot warm water that will increase the storms strength.... so it can always get stronger near shore where the water is warmer... just don't die before you get approved for MSG.

Supersquishy
08-10-09, 07:05 PM
what I don't understand is why don't they have sewage shut-off valves in flood plains? close off the house to it....

HAHAHA, where I live in FL we have old fashion Septic Tanks, one more reason the FL Keys are over rated to live....:thumbdown

Petz
08-10-09, 07:08 PM
just pump it into the glads... solves your oversized snake problem too!!!

SgtThrasher
08-10-09, 07:13 PM
Hey Achped,When life deals you tropical depressions ,go surfing!

Supersquishy
08-10-09, 07:15 PM
by the way theres some stuff forming off the coast of Africa....:scared:

Supersquishy
08-10-09, 07:17 PM
just pump it into the glads... solves your oversized snake problem too!!!

I think that would make DOC GREEK mad.......it might kill off his supper....lol