PDA

View Full Version : Disqualification Question

sirus2428
08-09-09, 07:54 PM
I was wondering if Genital Warts/ HPV was disqualifying to enlist in the Marine Corps. I got genital warts over a year ago, had them treated and have had no problems since. They never really were a problem to begin with. My doctor and I barely noticed them. He said that they were probably genital warts/ hpv and just froze them right off with no issues. What I have read on the internet so far is mix reviews from people who do not seem to know. I don't want to get DQ'd at MEPS for something that I had that was treated successfully with no problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Phantom Blooper
08-09-09, 08:00 PM
Male genitalia.

Current absence of one or both testicles, either congenital (752.89) or undescended (752.51) is disqualifying.

Current epispadias (752.62) or hypospadias (752.61), when accompanied by evidence of urinary tract infection, urethral stricture, or voiding dysfunction, is disqualifying.

Current enlargement or mass of testicle or epididymis (608.9) is disqualifying.

Current orchitis (604) or epididymitis (604.90) is disqualifying.

History of penis amputation (878.0) is disqualifying.

Current or history of genital infection or ulceration, including, but not limited to herpes genitalis (054.13) and condyloma acuminatum (078.11), if of sufficient severity to require frequent intervention or to interfere with normal function, is disqualifying.

Current acute prostatitis (601.0) or chronic prostatitis (601.1) is disqualifying.

(8) Current hydrocele (603.0), if large or symptomatic, is disqualifying..

Left varicocele (456.4), if symptomatic, or associated with testicular atrophy, or vericocele larger than the testis is disqualifying.

Any right varicocele (456.4) is disqualifying.

Current or history of chronic scrotal pain or unspecified symptoms associated with male genital organs (608.9) are disqualifying.

History of major abnormalities or defects of the genitalia, such as a change of sex (P64.5), hermaphroditism, pseudohermaphroditism, or pure gonadal dysgenesis (752.7) or dysfunctional residuals from surgical correction of these conditions is disqualifying.

Derived from Department of Defense (DOD) Directive 6130.3, "Physical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, and Induction," and DOD Instruction 6130.4, "Criteria and Procedure Requirements for Physical Standards for Appointment, Enlistment, or Induction in the Armed Forces."

Lisa 23
08-09-09, 08:03 PM
How about filling out your profile there so we know who we are talking to. :thumbup:

Lupo22
08-09-09, 08:29 PM
What about getting STDs while in the Fleet? I've heard many a nightmare story about guys getting HSV (herpes) or others...do you get a medical discharge for that??

Phantom Blooper
08-09-09, 08:37 PM
You could get NJP especially if you use your equipment after being told to hang it up.

I don't know but maybe a dangerous weapon.

UCMJ Article 131.

:evilgrin:

Lupo22
08-10-09, 09:08 AM
You could get NJP especially if you use your equipment after being told to hang it up.

I don't know but maybe a dangerous weapon.

UCMJ Article 131.

:evilgrin:

Damn...not only do you have to live the rest of your life with a few bumps and a nice itch, but you lose stripes or pay too...double ouch! Thank God I'm married! Now lets hope she doesn't go getting anything :!:

GyC
08-10-09, 04:07 PM
I was wondering if Genital Warts/ HPV was disqualifying to enlist in the Marine Corps. I got genital warts over a year ago, had them treated and have had no problems since. They never really were a problem to begin with. My doctor and I barely noticed them. He said that they were probably genital warts/ hpv and just froze them right off with no issues. What I have read on the internet so far is mix reviews from people who do not seem to know. I don't want to get DQ'd at MEPS for something that I had that was treated successfully with no problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It's not disqualifying, only temporarily if you have a flare-up right now... Provide medical docs to your Recruiter in order to be pre-screened, and you will be cleared by MEPS, or BUMED... If you currently have a flare-up, then you will be Temporarily DQ'ed... Good luck!

Phantom Blooper
08-10-09, 06:01 PM
Current or history of genital infection or ulceration, including, but not limited to herpes genitalis (054.13) and condyloma acuminatum (078.11), if of sufficient severity to require frequent intervention or to interfere with normal function, is disqualifying.

Thats what the DOD Directive says....

So are you saying after boot camp if you have a flare up and infect Ms. Rottencrotch or while in bootcamp you are not DQ?

Sorta like playing with a loaded gun.:evilgrin:

Petz
08-10-09, 06:51 PM
GyC knows his sh!t... career recruiter and all...

as for you lupo... I'd like you to PM me.... we need to talk.

tangovictor87
08-11-09, 01:34 PM
You just gotta apply the simple rule of:
"If it smells like trout, get the fvck out!"

GyC
08-11-09, 10:07 PM
Thats what the DOD Directive says....

So are you saying after boot camp if you have a flare up and infect Ms. Rottencrotch or while in bootcamp you are not DQ?

Sorta like playing with a loaded gun.:evilgrin:

The HPV virus is fairly common in males and females, the number of individuals that have it would alarm you I'm sure... That being said, a genital wart won't stop a Marine from putting a round in Uncle Haji's head I don't think... Recruits aren't running around a the PX hooking up in the head, and Ms. Rottencrotch is riding the ride at her own risk... What do you mean by loaded gun??

Bonzack
08-12-09, 07:01 AM
You just gotta apply the simple rule of:
"If it smells like trout, get the fvck out!"

LMFAO Cpl.
That just made my day a WHOLE lot better.

Phantom Blooper
08-12-09, 07:20 AM
What do you mean by loaded gun??

If one has a communicable disease and knowingly infects another....isn't like giving that person a sentence for the rest of their time?

GyC
08-12-09, 09:15 AM
If one has a communicable disease and knowingly infects another....isn't like giving that person a sentence for the rest of their time?

Ok, gotcha... We're talking qualified or unqualified though, not the moral standards of a guy/gal's personal life... As I said, having experienced several applicants with communicable diseases as such in this thread, it goes the same with any other... The flu is communicable, and in the same token, if you have the flu, and you're running around coughing without covering your mouth, it's the same thing, and the flu can kill people... But we, the DOD, don't DQ for the flu (past history) unless you're currently under a doctor's care... I do understand what you're saying, but HPV is very common, especially amongst males... S/F