PDA

View Full Version : Early Separation

Bruce776
08-09-09, 12:37 AM
Greetings all -

I have a question in regards to early separation. Just to get it out of the way - I am not trying to get out because I don't like the military. I've been in for four years, rose through the ranks quickly, deployed, received a good amount of awards, etc.

Here's my issue - I started a business about half a year ago that revolves around developing and manufacturing gear for the military. The primary product we manufacture is highly sought after, and there are no other companies doing it. I feel like I'm at a point where my participation in my company is more beneficial to the armed forces than my role of a 'rank-and-file' Marine.

Is anyone aware of any early release/separation programs for active duty Marines for a running their business? Any feedback is appreciated.

Lisa 23
08-09-09, 04:44 PM
You might try squaring away your profile there Marine, and maybe someone will answer you. :thumbup:

Ski 0121
08-09-09, 10:46 PM
ACAP classes probably. I forget what it actually stands for though lol.

Sergeant M
08-10-09, 01:32 AM
Been in for 4 years and you're a private? Try again!

Bruce776
08-10-09, 08:40 PM
Ski - you mean the Army Career and Alumni Program? That got me thinking, I could try approaching people at TAPS and SEPS. Chances are they won't have any idea of what I'm talking about, but may point me in the right direction.

I have heard of people being "forced out" when their have "alternative financial interests", i.e. they inherit ten million dollars, or they have a business that is doing well financially. It would help to know how much money my business would have to generate for it to be sufficient.

Is my profile squared away enough?

StoneTheWeak
08-10-09, 09:56 PM
Correct, it's called a conflict of interest. Think about it, if you had enough money or the means to make enough money that you didn't need the marine corps and a dishonorable discharge wouldn't...

Lisa 23
08-10-09, 10:14 PM
Hey there PFC, you should know to "capitalize" Marine Corps by now. :thumbup:

StoneTheWeak
08-10-09, 10:18 PM
Hey there PFC, you should know to "capitalize" Marine Corps by now. :thumbup:
You're right, and I do, but its an informal internet forum, and I don't think to stop and spell check my sentences. If I was writing an essay to get into Harvard, maybe.

Nah, even then I'd probably half ass it.

Lisa 23
08-10-09, 10:21 PM
Whether it's an informal internet or not, Marine Corps should always be capitalized.
If it's in the rules for wannabes and pooles to do, then we as Marines, should do the same. :thumbup: