PDA

View Full Version : Reenlistment if medical discharged?

JustinG
08-06-09, 08:29 PM
Hi i usually dont post much but i was curious about something. I had to get a waiver for eye surgery (implanted contact lens) and its undoable completely. I was just wondering if it ever gave me...

Phantom Blooper
08-06-09, 08:36 PM
I don't know....but it seems to me if it was waivered... what would be a problem?

Two things come to mind...what do you do when you come in contact with toxic chemicals & gases....CS gas in the chamber....or in a battle zone?

If they are permanent and undoable...what if your prescription changes?

What vision were your eyes before implant?

:evilgrin:

JustinG
08-06-09, 08:44 PM
My vision before was pretty close to blind, and so far no problems it just worried me. If it changes which it will i will have to get the surgery undone or redone, and was just wondering if it would cause problems when im enlisted. Getting it redone only makes you unable to work out for like 3 weeks ( to make sure they are adjusted or something ) and if completely undone i should be good to go the next day.

Phantom Blooper
08-06-09, 08:52 PM
was just wondering if it would cause problems when im enlisted.

what do you do when you come in contact with toxic chemicals & gases....CS gas in the chamber....or in a battle zone?

Dust...contaminents.....gases from rifle.....

Do you need to use a re-wetting drops?

If so you may need to get authorization before you use any from the medical doctors at the recruit depot.

With contacts most people are light sensitive.....in the fleet you can wear sunglasses in certain situations.....in boot camp...unless it changed....or your going to MCRDSD.....you won't be able to wear sunglasses for outside activities.

:evilgrin:

JustinG
08-06-09, 08:56 PM
Nope its like having perfectly normal vision except i can use drops to dialate my pupils so if i get halos from lights at night ( really just for night driving ) it makes them go away. But i usualy dont bother because they are minor and don't bother my vision.

Petz
08-07-09, 12:14 AM
you won't get medically discharged if you got a waiver unless you become blind... your question is answered. <br />
<br />
as for if you can... ask a doctor unless you are saying those are the time tables of...

0331 2 0369
08-07-09, 07:27 AM
I guess it is to early for me to understand how you can &quot;undo&quot; something that is &quot;undoable&quot;. But it looks like you got an answer anyway. Good luck.

JustinG
08-07-09, 09:47 AM
My apologizes i meant completely redoable/able to get undone, how ever you want to put it..I realise why there was so much confusion, sorry about that. And thank you for your replies :).

Sgt Leprechaun
08-08-09, 01:15 AM
Let me try and get this straight...you got a waiver for eye surgery...and now you want to get it undone? <br />
<br />
OR, you are worried that the surgery will give you problems, and get you discharged, and...

JustinG
08-08-09, 01:28 AM
Yes exactly, thank you. Thats exactly what i was worried about and is very nice to know. Thanks for the answers guys and sorry for complicating that.

Lisa 23
08-08-09, 07:44 AM
Yes exactly, thank you. Thats exactly what i was worried about and is very nice to know. Thanks for the answers guys and sorry for complicating that.

That's MARINES to you...or call them by their rank, they've EARNED it!