PDA

View Full Version : Another one

zx6rdr
08-05-09, 08:45 AM
WTF is wrong with people today?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:mad:

AURORA - It's a place where the American flag is literally everywhere. It's like that at most - if not all - Veterans of Foreign Wars posts you'll ever visit. Here, it reminds people what they fought for, what they sacrificed.

But at VFW post 3631 in Aurora, off Colfax Avenue and Tower Road, the flag is missing from a place you'd expect to see it first: The flag pole.
"This is just something that should not happen, here in our world," post commander Darold D. Burnett said. "Makes me angry, very."
In the last month and a half, the flag has been stolen three times. The last time, the thieves cut the cord.
"I can't understand why anyone would want to desecrate it, I really don't," he said.
Now, the people who fought for the flag overseas, are fighting for it at home.
"It is just not feasible to me that anyone would want to do it, even a jokester on Halloween," he said.
The VFW is working on getting a new flag and a new cord, which will be more difficult to cut.

Lupo22
08-05-09, 09:49 AM
chain that flag up and have someone stand firewatch all night. and then electrify the chain so if they touch it, it'll send 50,000 volts through their body and leave them feeling a little toasty.

sick-o's

DocGreek
08-05-09, 09:53 AM
Rent a VERY TALL ladder, and put OUR FLAG up...FOR GOOD!!!....IT WORKS!!!...DOC

OB MSG
08-05-09, 10:32 AM
I can think of a bunch of different solutions to this but I think the VFW would catch some flack from using them. Hehehe!!

But I like Lupo's idea. :evilgrin:

Bdchi1
08-05-09, 10:47 AM
Take the keg from the VFW bar and place it by the flagpole...that way you'd have drunk, ****ed-off devil dogs around all the time.

Lupo22
08-05-09, 12:36 PM
Take the keg from the VFW bar and place it by the flagpole...that way you'd have drunk, ****ed-off devil dogs around all the time.

Best idea yet!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

ssgtblue
08-08-09, 10:49 PM
I have seen this befor and it seemed to work well..... It is a lock box that goes over the pole at the bottom. Insted of Rope they used small cable to run the Flag up..... Worked very well for this hotel i stayed at in Corona CA.... A way to work this out, but i still like the fire watch idea and then let the beat downs start.....

Blue