PDA

View Full Version : Trend?

zx6rdr
08-04-09, 08:30 AM
This is in reply to the Drifters Post called "Theft of flags from Marine's yard stuns neighbors"

Read the story below from 9 News in Colorado.... :mad:
AURORA - A veteran who fought the bad guys overseas recently returned home to become a victim of the bad guys here.

"It's an absolute letdown," Navy Lt. Commander David Salak said.

Just a week after he arrived home, burglars kicked in the back door to his home. They took everything that appeared valuable, including televisions, computers and jewelry. He and his wife lost their wedding rings.
"Items that are easily pawned off and a quick buck for them," said Salak.
But that wasn't all they took. For some reason the thieves also grabbed something was of great value only to the Iraq war veteran homeowner and his children.
"I wanted them to have something that reminded them of what I was doing over there," said Salak.
He raised three American flags while serving in Iraq and created special certificates to go along with the flags he brought back for each of his three sons. When the thieves broke into his home on July 29 and took one of those special flags with them, they stole a piece of family history and soured a sailor's return.
"I spent 7 months in Iraq only to come back here and be terrorized in my own home," said Salak. "It's just not right."
Salak doesn't expect to see the items of monetary value again, but he does hope if anyone happens to find the flag discarded someplace, they'll return it.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)