PDA

View Full Version : Help for Jakob Jasin

GunnyL
07-30-03, 02:49 PM
The below message was sent to me from a Retired MSgt I served with on Recruiting Duty and I think it is worth posting. Once a Marine, Always a Marine:

Dear Family and Friends,

I've never been one to forward emails that claim to bring good luck or send out request. Many of you have often received a few good jokes though. This is a request for help for the son of a good friend of mine. Jakob Jasin has a rare disorder that now requires him to have a liver transplant. He is about 3 1/2 years old and is a great little boy. His dad Chris worked for me in the late 80's on recruiting duty while I was in Columbia Missouri. Chris and his wife Susan are from St. Louis originally and now live in the Washington D.C. area. Chris is a Gulf War Vet and spent about 10 years in the Marine Corps then about 6 years as a Commissioned Officer in the Navy. He now works for the State Department. Their son Jakob was born with this rare disorder and is in dire need of the transplant. Insurance has finally agreed to cover the cost of the surgery however, there are many expenses that will not be covered by insurance that will be a great financial burden on Chris and Susan. There has been an account set up in Jakob's name at the National Transplant Assistance Fund. These funds go directly towards any transplant related cost not covered by insurance. In the event something were to happen to Jakob excess funds would go to assist other transplant recipients.
I ask that you visit the websites below. The first one is Jakobs website that explains more about him and his disorder. Also some great photo's of this good looking little man. If you can donate something to assist them with this I cannot thank you enough. If not please keep Jakob in your prayers that he can soon enjoy a normal life like all of us. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to read this email. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call or email.

Thank you again,

Brian

http://home.sprintmail.com/~2jasins/index.html

http://www.transplantfund.org/

thedrifter
07-30-03, 03:02 PM
Thanks GunnyL

Prayers and Thoughts outbound.....

Sempers,

Roger
:marine: