PDA

View Full Version : Question about MOS

Plan B
08-02-09, 05:10 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently graduated from Parris Island (090724), so I have been scowering for information on my MOS. I signed up with an Intel contract, and they gave me 2621(special communications signals collection operator), which is basically signals intel. I was wondering if someone in my field can enlighten me on what I will actually be doing. I have read up on it, but descriptions are quite broad. I really have no specific idea on where I can be expected to deploy, how important my job is, how exciting my job is, etc. If no one is able to help me, then I will just have to figure it out for myself in a few months. Thank you for your time. Semper Fi.

Zulu 36
08-02-09, 06:52 PM
Hello everyone,

I recently graduated from Parris Island (090724), so I have been scowering for information on my MOS. I signed up with an Intel contract, and they gave me 2621(special communications signals collection operator), which is basically signals intel. I was wondering if someone in my field can enlighten me on what I will actually be doing. I have read up on it, but descriptions are quite broad. I really have no specific idea on where I can be expected to deploy, how important my job is, how exciting my job is, etc. If no one is able to help me, then I will just have to figure it out for myself in a few months. Thank you for your time. Semper Fi.

If they told you before going to the schoolhouse, they'd have to kill you. Essentially, the job is exactly what the broad descriptions have told you it is.

And the word you want is "scouring," not scowering.