PDA

View Full Version : First duty station

dizark
07-31-09, 06:30 PM
Well only half way through my field radio operator class but we got our orders today. I'm headed to Kaneohe bay Hawaii to be attached with 3/3. Were told were predeployment and something about being on a Float for upto 6 months providing security if needed in the sand.

Anyways we were told we could go on their site and find out when 3rd MarDiv was deploying but can't seem to find anything. Would anyone know where I could look for this information? Looking for the info as I need to know whether to move my wife and 2 kids there asap or after the deployment.

Anyways I'm excited about it. Semper Fi

Pete0331
07-31-09, 06:45 PM
Well only half way through my field radio operator class but we got our orders today. I'm headed to Kaneohe bay Hawaii to be attached with 3/3. Were told were predeployment and something about being on a Float for upto 6 months providing security if needed in the sand.

Anyways we were told we could go on their site and find out when 3rd MarDiv was deploying but can't seem to find anything. Would anyone know where I could look for this information? Looking for the info as I need to know whether to move my wife and 2 kids there asap or after the deployment.

That is an OPSEC issue.
Keep deployment schedules under wraps.

There are a few members here stationed at Kaneohe Bay, contact them via PM, but do not openly publish the information on a public forum.

thewookie
07-31-09, 06:48 PM
Can't go wrong in K-Bay, Kaneohe was my first duty station and I can still remember the day I found out; I was pumped!

I did not want to go to Cali or NC.

Get the board waxed, time to hang ten, bra.:marine:

BR34
07-31-09, 07:16 PM
Can't go wrong in K-Bay, Kaneohe was my first duty station and I can still remember the day I found out; I was pumped!

I did not want to go to Cali or NC.

Get the board waxed, time to hang ten, bra.:marine:

You should be banned for 60 minutes every time you say "waxed". :D

dizark
07-31-09, 07:29 PM
I amavoiding the opsec issue but was stating that we were told we could find ou this exact info on their site. I found a deployment hotline that I could probably call. I in no way wanted the info to be posted here if it isn't public info. Anyways if anyone is in kaneohe bay and have any other info on the area please pass it along.

sparkie
07-31-09, 07:39 PM
Yea,,,,,, And don't tell I'm locked and loaded in Pahrump,,,,,,,,,,,

thewookie
07-31-09, 08:22 PM
You should be banned for 60 minutes every time you say "waxed". :D

You should get some bonus credits for that one, very good....:)

8th&I Marine
07-31-09, 09:41 PM
Get the board waxed, time to hang ten, bra.:marine:[/QUOTE]

That about made me have a beer foul. Make that 2 hrs for the infunction on waxing.:beer:

Cantrell:flag:

SgtLisdog58
08-02-09, 03:02 AM

The biggest issue from married boots that we faced when I was out there was "when can I move them out?" I'll tell you the same that I told them, the process for Hawaii is not a fast one, usually around 6 months or more. The main issue is housing, you're very low on the totem pole as a PFC so you're not going to have top priority, hence usually taking approx 6 months. Just wait till you get there cause everything needs to be done in person.

Oh and actually speaking of specific dates for deploymen is OPSEC (as previously stated) so it's a real big no-no.:flag:

DocGreek
08-02-09, 05:41 AM
MATT... Third Marines.com This is where you can link up with 3rd Mar. Reg., give it a try....look in "3/3 Active Duty". Let us know if you found it!!....DOC

DocGreek
08-02-09, 05:47 AM
MATT....check out my profile. 3rdmarineregiment.com Try that address!....DOC

dizark
08-02-09, 12:06 PM
Was unable to find a "active duty" link on that site you supplied, Doc. Sorry.

Oh, trust me, I now know it's an OPSEC issue. I just wonder why they told us we could go on their sites and find out dates of deployment, if it wasn't public notice. Thanks though!

dizark
08-02-09, 12:13 PM
Doc, found the link you were referring to. I've been to the main 3/3 site and found no information like we were told we could. I guess either I'll wait or contact the hotline number they have.