PDA

View Full Version : Join from another country...

JacoPL
07-31-09, 06:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

My name's Jacek, I'm 17 and I'm Polish. I have few questions for You and I hope You would be able to help me :)

Must I have got an American High School diploma or I would be allowed with my native diploma ("matura")?

I will do my best to become a U.S. Marine...

Best wishes,

Jacek

Petz
07-31-09, 11:50 AM
do a search with the search bar then read the site rules... then read the rules for posting in the 'ask a Marine' forum... rules are important for poolees and wannabes whom(Sic) this site is not intended to cater to.

JacoPL
07-31-09, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry, Sir. It was the first and the last time.

GyC
07-31-09, 09:04 PM
You will have to take your diploma somehwere and get it translated... Normally a local Community College will do this for a nominal fee, and provided you meet their criteria for acceptance, you should be qualified educationally. You may, however have issues with the Enlistment Screening Test/ASVAB, where mastery of the English language is necessary... Good luck... S/F

JacoPL
08-01-09, 02:07 AM
Thanks for Your help, I appreciate that.

samthomas
08-08-09, 03:48 PM
My name's Jacek, I'm 17 and I'm Polish.

Must I have got an American High School diploma or I would be allowed with my native diploma ("matura")?

More important than the high school diploma, you will need to have legal status in the U.S. If you are in Poland, you would first need to find a way to become a permanent resident in the U.S...

JacoPL
08-09-09, 01:27 PM
Hah, I know about it and I'm going to be legal resident. It's the most important matter for me, but I wanted to know what should I do after that. I'll try to get a "green card" next year. The least important issue for me are english language exams.

Anyway, thanks Marine

Skosh59
08-09-09, 02:05 PM
Powodzenia, Jacoek
Mam nadzieję, że dobrze :beer:

Thanks to google the world is getting smaller. And to think that I have never spoken Polish, however I have family in the Czech Republic.

JacoPL
08-09-09, 02:47 PM
In Czech Republic is very good beer and hmm... beherovka :D Thanks again for Your support (dzięki jeszcze raz za Wasze wsparcie).
P.S. I don't drink alcohol of course ;-)