PDA

View Full Version : Professional pool shark to visit base, challenge Marines

thedrifter
07-30-09, 06:57 AM
Professional pool shark to visit base, challenge Marines

7/29/2009 By Lance Cpl. Randy Little , Marine Corps Base Camp LeJeune
Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune, N.C. — Marines are some of the best marksmen in the world, but how would they compare to a different type of sniper?

Tony Crosby, known worldwide as “The Sniper,” is a top ranked billiards player, and he will be coming to Camp Lejeune to test his aim against service members Aug. 7 through 9.

“I think it will be a lot of fun,” said Crosby. “I did an exhibition in Cherry Point about six months ago and noticed there are a lot of pool players in the military, so when I received an e-mail about coming to Camp Lejeune I told them yes.”

During “The Sniper’s” visit, service members will be given the opportunity to challenge the professional pool shark and see if they have the skills to beat a true professional.

Crosby said he looks forward to being challenged by Marines and also teaching them how to improve their game.

“There is still another week before I come to Camp Lejeune, so there is time for the service members to get their game ready,” said Crosby. “There is definitely a possibility of them beating me if they practice.”

Crosby, being a “Sniper’ himself, said he wants to see if Marines can shoot straighter than he can.

“The Sniper” will appear at the French Creek Recreation Center Aug. 7, the Courthouse Bay Recreation Center Aug. 8, and the Camp Geiger and Camp Johnson Recreation Centers Aug. 9.

For more information, such as specific times, contact the Single Marine Program at 910-451-1767 or 910-451-4485.

Ellie