PDA

View Full Version : The Dog Fighter

ColdBlooded
07-29-09, 09:19 PM
Just because Michael Vick is back on the NFL market doesn't mean there actually is a market for the one time star quarterback. Now that commissioner Roger Goodell has conditionally reinstated Vick so...

oldtop
07-30-09, 08:48 AM
Hopefully, all 32 teams will decline Mr Vick's services. Unfortunately, there will probably be one that thinks that Vick is just the ticket to a winning / playoff / superbowl season and will sign the scumbag. If I was the commish, I'd do to Vick (and ANY other player with a felony conviction) exactly what baseball did to Pete Rose....BAN FOR LIFE. We do not need the likes of Michael Vick as a role model for our kids...no matter how contrite he is or appears to be. I could be pretty damn contrite too for a mutli-million dollar a year contract, with bonuses and incentives. Just My Opinion

Semper Fi

Old Marine
07-30-09, 09:27 AM
Goodall had better be carefull with all the rules he has mentioned about Vick having to comply with if he wants to play in the NFL again.

Sounds to me like Goodall is keeping Vick from applying himself at his trade, which so happens to be playing professional football.

The guy went to prison and served his time and now he should be allowed to move on with his life. My 2 cents.

ColdBlooded
07-30-09, 05:48 PM
Absolutely, I agree with Old Marine. Those who don't fuc& up just haven't been caught. That's what I have been told while being in the Marine Corps. I believe everyone in their lifetime has done at least one really pesky deed. Some didn't get caught and some had to pay dearly, maybe not with prison but in some shape or form. He should be able to get a shot at the NFL because that's what he's good at.
Let's say dog fighting was not against the law, would the media be all over the superstar? Probably not. Would people care? Probably not. But since us as humans have put down such a law against dog fighting, he is now a terrible living soul. Yes what he did is horrible but shouldn't people get a second chance to rise up?

Waveslide
07-30-09, 06:36 PM
Would you feel that way about a Marine who was discharged for smoking weed? Do those types deserve a second chance? As a Marine you are required to be a role model as even the lowliest E1 b/c you...

ColdBlooded
07-30-09, 06:44 PM
Like I said before, If smoking weed was legal would anyone care? No. As we all know acohol is very bad for your system (unless done at a moderate level). Most people however abuse alcohol causing...

Trucrimsongold
07-30-09, 06:59 PM
Goodall had better be carefull with all the rules he has mentioned about Vick having to comply with if he wants to play in the NFL again.

Sounds to me like Goodall is keeping Vick from applying himself at his trade, which so happens to be playing professional football.

The guy went to prison and served his time and now he should be allowed to move on with his life. My 2 cents.

I absolutely love dogs. I have two and I will always have one in my life as a pet as long as I live. The criminal underworld mostly made up of periphial criminals such as drug dealers keep this seperate venue open known as dog fighting and it is very despicable and totally "evil" not just "illegal". A dog will fight to the death to protect or please his master on command that is just how loyal they are, and when someone abuses that trust it is more to me then just breaking the law. I have no respect for this man. I will never have any time for anyone who enguages in this type of activity and warn my children to stay clear of people like him. Having said that I am only a man and not god or a judge. Vick will still have to answer for what he has done again one day to the one who really matters, not me.
So as a Police Officer and a human of this race, I have to accept that the man did his time and deserves his opprotunity to excell at his sport. I just will not follow his career or any team he is part of but he has a right to play again, and who are we to say he doesn't have that right?

ggyoung
07-30-09, 07:45 PM
m.v. is no better than a sh!!head who goes to sleep while on OP or LP in Vietnam.

kentmitchell
08-02-09, 12:16 PM
I also agree with Old Marine . . . but that doesn't mean some NFL team MUST acquire him, and that's the rub.
He had issues besides lying about activities--the bong bottle at the airport; someone in his "posse" stealing a watch at the airport, and the dogfighting--more than once he lied about that.
He was still working on learning the playbook; much of his ground game came from broken plays because he didn't stay in the pocket; he wasn't a really good passer.
Check out the current Falcons' QB. He learned the playbook, applied himself, stays out of trouble, drives a pickup truck . . . and wins ballgames. That's what every team in the NFL is looking for.