PDA

View Full Version : More people that wish they were Marines

Mesto53
07-28-09, 11:24 PM
Thought I would throw this in, there is another posting of this fraud but his pictures won't work, and I'd figure this one should be viewed by not just the "Marine Only" crowd. Leave it to the Marines to strut their stuff in their Dress Blues, if not, we will find you! Just to let you in on a "not so" secret of Marines, we're not exactly the type that are afraid of confrontation ;) We strive for perfection, we correct our own on a daily basis, telling someone who strives for perfection every day that something's jacked up? How about someone such as a civilian that doesn't know what we do? Easy on-the-spot correction.

By the way, can anyone link anything official to something along the lines of "The Stolen Valor Act" or something stating that this kind of crap is punishable by law?

From the USMC chain of mail entitled "FW: Another Marine Poser"

The Story.

Another poser!

GySgt Ableman was keen enough to spot this {fill in the blank} walking
through the Reno Airport in full dress blues with gloves and cover on.
He
stopped him near the baggage claim and running into three Drill
Instructors
wasn't something this guy had anticipated.

If any of you know Gy Ableman, this kid was lucky to leave with all his
teeth intact. From the get go, it was obvious this kid was not a
Marine.
He claimed to be a PFC (wearing LCpl chevrons) and could not explain
what a
PFC chevron looked like and then couldn't explain the NCO stripe on his
trousers. He had a collar emblem in the middle of his barracks cover
and
his belt was sticking out.

No ribbons or badges, his trousers were way too long, not to mention he
had
on Sketcher boots instead of dress shoes and a civilian belt. We found
this
out after we demanded that he take off the blouse and cover.

Turns out he bought the uniform from a surplus store and his Dad is a
retired Navy Chief. Reno is a super-pro military area and this guy was
soaking in the atta-boys. Lot of posers out there, watch out!

Know any recruiters in the San Diego and Reno areas, send them a warning
to
watch out for this XXX-XX.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78629&d=1248540303http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78630&d=1248540317

MLMonk
07-28-09, 11:41 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005 there's the Wikipedia version of it. Says you can be imprisoned up to a year and/or fined. I still don't think a year is long enough for these people who try and gain the benefits veterans do.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-09, 12:05 AM
That's correct.

I not only would have stripped him right there and then but locked his worthless azz up as well.

Fvkin turd.

Mesto53
07-29-09, 12:06 AM
The Stolen Valor Act of 2005 (the Act), signed into law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_United_States) by President (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_of_the_United_States) George W. Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_W._Bush) on December 20, 2006,<sup id="cite_ref-0" class="reference">[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2005#cite_note-0)</sup> is a U.S. law that broadens the provisions of previous U.S. law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_the_United_States) addressing the unauthorized wear, manufacture, sale or claim (either written or verbal) of any military decorations and medals (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Awards_and_decorations_of_the_United_States_milita ry). It is a federal misdemeanor offense, which carries a punishment of imprisonment for not more than 1 year and/or a fine; the scope previously covered only the Medal of Honor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor).

So according to the wikipedia it's stating decorations/medals, maybe this kid knew that, thought he would be smart and kept those things off. You know, relatively smart, seeing as he was idiotic enough to pull this. But at the very least I hope the uniform itself is deemed as a military decoration, in this case a highly esteemed Marine Corps decoration. But if it falls to it, even his wearing of those LCpl chevrons could be chargable with the Stolen Valor Act. Heck even the NCO's blood stripe, a military decoration or award for achieving the rank. Wonder if he got anything besides the knife handed ass chewing of 3 DI's.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-29-09, 12:58 AM
He *could* have been charged with impersonating a Marine. That's in the Code of Federal regulations. It's illegal to wear the uniform, or any parts there-of, with the intent to decieve (or get...

SGTMunson
07-29-09, 07:29 AM
Reference another thread on the same asswipe:

USMC Poser Caught with Pics (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87029)

Lupo22
07-29-09, 04:19 PM
As a fresh boot who went through 3 months of hell during a Parris Island summer, I would have BOOT KICKED this kid with my ICB's right in the teeth and then spit on his face, making sure not to get any on that beautiful piece of fabric.

Those shoes look atrocious with that uniform!!!

What a disgrace! and what a disgusting high and tight!

JUSTADOC
10-25-10, 12:30 AM
AWWW Man I remember this. This was at the Reno airport last year. I was one of the supposed hand picked Corpsmen that got to help the Drill Instructors out at MWTC. This was an all time classic. Gunny Abelman and Gunny Bodesch straight up annihilated this poor guy. Best entertainment of the long day. Where are you guys now a days? Always a Doc... Doc Lazo,
1/3 Lava Dogs Ma Kau Kau...........

Reddog48
10-26-10, 11:36 AM
Notice the knife hand.

Vise
10-26-10, 01:22 PM
So if a civilian sees a poser should we confront them if we know the signs?

ShannonL
10-27-10, 12:26 AM
I understand the anger...its a dishonour to all here. But also be proud that you ARE a MARINE that half the US wants tobe and pretends to be. You ARE the ELITE! As for confronting them...do it! All posers must understand what a Marine is and what a Marine stands for. In the old days, if you were caught impersonating a Knight, you would be executed that day. Beheading was the order of the day, but some would have hang from the castle walls.

usmc987332
10-27-10, 12:47 AM
Vise, that is a good question. My own personal take on it is this: That they ought to be ashamed of themselves. But they are not.
So, depending on the situation, I would ask them questions, especially if they have a group of admirers around them, like, good thing Philadelphia is right outside of Camp Lejeune, there ain't nothin' to do on THAT base, like that, and although it is stupid, they might not know, and say, yeah. Then you just say, Camp Lejeune is still in North Carolina, and just walk away, or any of a hundred possible test questions like that. Like mentioning the blue footprints at PI, and see what they say, or the ten DIs to a platoon, don't you think they should cut em down to three or four?? Like that.
But I can't see where I would ever visit violence upon any of them, because I think this posing stuff is a kind of sickness, my own opinion....not that they are certifiable, but that there is definitely a screw loose of one kind or another.
But it is all personal preference as to what to "do" if you see one. There is no right or wrong answer to that question.
65 years out, I probably looked at and thought, "They are getting sloppier every day." Shrugged my shoulders and went on my way. BTW, we did not have Blues.

wildwoman73
10-27-10, 12:51 AM
As a fresh boot who went through 3 months of hell during a Parris Island summer, I would have BOOT KICKED this kid with my ICB's right in the teeth and then spit on his face, making sure not to get any on that beautiful piece of fabric.

Those shoes look atrocious with that uniform!!!

What a disgrace! and what a disgusting high and tight!

No kidding on the high and tight...hope he didn't pay for that.

It does pss me off too. I say either thrash him there for every step he missed...ie, blood stripe(frog the crood out of him). Or...give him the option to do the right thing...join. Earn the uniform. Provided a nice little note of his actions be forwarded in his receiving package.

ShannonL
10-27-10, 12:55 AM
No kidding on the high and tight...hope he didn't pay for that.

It does pss me off too. I say either thrash him there for every step he missed...ie, blood stripe(frog the crood out of him). Or...give him the option to do the right thing...join. Earn the uniform. Provided a nice little note of his actions be forwarded in his receiving package.

If you can get him in bootcamp, just tell the Drill Sergeant (I think, I dunno what you call him/her) That will do...he'll earn it alright, probably be one of the finest at the end.

wildwoman73
10-27-10, 12:59 AM
You know what urks me worse than that? When these kids these days pick through mom or dad's old truck and piece together some shin dig of an outfit. Have they no respect? No pride in their parents accomplishments? My boys (thank God) will never attempt to wear my dress blues. But they are incredibly interested in my NCO sword and what little ribbons and badges I have. They know those things are very important to me and they respect them just the same. But then again...most parents these days don't teach their kids those qualities.

wildwoman73
10-27-10, 01:08 AM
If you can get him in bootcamp, just tell the Drill Sergeant (I think, I dunno what you call him/her) That will do...he'll earn it alright, probably be one of the finest at the end.

It is Drill Instructor. In the Marine Corps we recognize exact rank. Sgt, Staff Sgt, Gunnery Sgt, First Sgt, etc. Never shorten sgt ranks by just saying Sgt. It is basically demoting the enlisted member. Just saying. There could be several ranks of Sgts in a recruit's chain of command.

And you have the picture on the DI intel. That's what I was saying. In his packet, make sure that was one of his screw ups noted in his history.

ShannonL
10-27-10, 01:08 AM
Thats the very reason why I started my company. Parents dont teach respect so the war memorbilia from the Grandfather gets abused and miss -used. I've seen chipped swords 200 yrs old...ten minutes in the hand of a disrepectful person. family heritage is often mis treated and forgotten. Many dont understand that if thier family members in the past never stood up to fight, the world would be a different place. Honour thier memories...in some cases, thier gifts.

ShannonL
10-27-10, 01:15 AM
It is Drill Instructor. In the Marine Corps we recognize exact rank. Sgt, Staff Sgt, Gunnery Sgt, First Sgt, etc. Never shorten sgt ranks by just saying Sgt. It is basically demoting the enlisted member. Just saying. There could be several ranks of Sgts in a recruit's chain of command.

And you have the picture on the DI intel. That's what I was saying. In his packet, make sure that was one of his screw ups noted in his history.

I would make him work HARD to remove the history of his mis-guidance. Make a Marine out of him. The Drill Instructor spend hours ironing out the F' ups and dis-honour. Work him hard, so his very core is 100% Marine. Discipline! So when he deploys, he would be a true brother on the field. Forgiveness must be earned in this case. But once he has accomplished forgiveness, he would outshine many Marines. Probably earn an MOH.

wildwoman73
10-27-10, 01:28 AM
ShannonL, you are intense! Hahaha...how come you aren't in the military? Are you originally from the US?

Honestly, it doesn't matter if your record shows you swatted a baby fly or wore a Purple Heart on a tutu. In boot camp, you are wrong no matter what you do. The DI's teach you history, respect, pride, and all those awesome things you only "thought" you knew. By the end of your basic training...then and only then do you place "Marine" in front of those characteristics.

ShannonL
10-27-10, 01:55 AM
He is young and foolish. He can be thought, the real thing to do is find out why he did that. He is not happy with his life.

@wildwoman73
I'm not American, nor am I in the military. My grandfather served in the British Navy during the Cold War. I am a student of war and studied military practices. I understand the honour it takes to be a warrior. Many great warriors were screw ups in the beginning.

TMM54
10-27-10, 05:26 AM
Everyone makes stupid mistakes, some more stupid and more public than others. This misguided young man needs help, lots of help. Thank God that I have never had to deal with someone like this up close and personal. I would hope that I could behave and not get into trouble. After all, who is the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool that tries to deal with the fool?

ShannonL
10-27-10, 05:58 AM
If its a guy trying to claim benefits then you open a can of whip ass. But if it his a 17 year old kid then make him a Marine! He can still be something.

Ceckert85
10-27-10, 06:13 AM
what a piece of ****!!!

ShannonL
10-27-10, 06:14 AM
Lol!!!

AMarinzkid
10-27-10, 09:13 AM
His posture says it all. I notice Marines in public a lot and I have never seen one stand with such a slouch! Even to the untrained eye, this kid doesn't look like the real thing. :thumbdown

AMarinzkid
10-27-10, 09:16 AM
You know what urks me worse than that? When these kids these days pick through mom or dad's old truck and piece together some shin dig of an outfit. Have they no respect? No pride in their parents accomplishments? My boys (thank God) will never attempt to wear my dress blues. But they are incredibly interested in my NCO sword and what little ribbons and badges I have. They know those things are very important to me and they respect them just the same. But then again...most parents these days don't teach their kids those qualities.

AMEN! No respect. Where I work, I see kids backtalk their parents, call grandparents names, etc. Makes me sick! Makes me work even harder to instill respect in my girls. Parents need to wake up.

indygti
10-27-10, 10:09 AM
Notice the knife hand.

That's the first freakin thing I noticed too. I couldn't stop laughing.