PDA

View Full Version : Lat Move to 2834

Mesto53
07-28-09, 01:17 AM
Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, Good afternoon, Good evening, and Good night.

In case the below "Novel" turns you away, all I basically want is any input you can share on currently being in the 2834 MOS. Good, Bad, Whatever. Since my career is a big thing to me, the below is a deeper look into what I'm going through coming up on my Reenlistment window. Also if you read through the below, I would take recommendations even on maybe another MOS to look into.

:flag:

I'm coming up on my reenlistment window and I'm thinking about Lat Moving out of 3043 over to 2834. My initial thought was to go into any 28xx field, just dealing with Electronics Maintenence. Taking a look at the bonuses in MCBUL 7220 (FY10 SRB) I decided 2847 was for me. The Career Planner is trying to sell me into 2834, Satellite Communications for that extra 30k in the bonus column, and I have to admit that bonus does sway me even more in that direction.

A bit about me, training in IT pre-USMC, saving money for Marines by putting their computers together since I joined, with being the Microsoft Office Guru in 3043 with OJT 0151 for 1yr+, always wanted to be around the latest and greatest technology.

I've had some input on 2847's, seeing as I've been working next to two of them for about half of a year now. My question is, are there any 2834's that can shine some light on the MOS? The good, the bad, and the ugly. I've gotten the best out of being 3043, Fast promotions, A/C office work, Sweet hook-ups here and there... I just want to do something that I love to do, I may be great at putting together spreadsheets, doing inventories, counting gear, and properly filing mats.. Just not really for me. Although I did join to support those that are going out to Iraq/Afghan all the time, and obviously as a Marine be prepared to be one of those to be shipped out, I haven't yet gone.

PreReqs: I am eligible for a Secret Security Clearance which I'm about to start the process for, no punitive action against me. GT of 141, ASVAB 97/99 overall. They tell me I can pretty much do whatever I want to do.

Thank you very much for your time, I appreciate any input i can get.

Mesto53
07-28-09, 11:00 PM
Well after not being able to edit my post for some reason, and my Career Planner finding out I am a 3043, not currently in the 28xx field, I can't jump directly to it. But that's alright, they just told me today that I've got 2 more months of limited duty due to my shoulder surgery. So I guess I've got time. Any MOS's I should be looking more deeply into considering Lat Move/Reenlisting? I might go back to my previous thought of 2847