PDA

View Full Version : Lat move promotions

mxmarine
07-27-09, 09:08 PM
Hopefully somebody can help me out with this. The CRS said he had never herd of this but was going to look into it (sure). I am lat moving under a July 1 critical mos but my approval is supposed to come back Aug 1. The cutting score for the mos i am lat moving into is a good bit lower then my score. I have seen a maradmin on this and herd of Marines getting promoted the 1st of the month after there renenlistment. In if you fail out of school you get admin reduced back to your rank if your score is not higher then the mos you get moved to. My question is is it certain mos's or all of them and if you could tell me where i can find it so i can show my CRS.

GyC
07-27-09, 09:18 PM
Hopefully somebody can help me out with this. The CRS said he had never herd of this but was going to look into it (sure). I am lat moving under a July 1 critical mos but my approval is supposed to come back Aug 1. The cutting score for the mos i am lat moving into is a good bit lower then my score. I have seen a maradmin on this and herd of Marines getting promoted the 1st of the month after there renenlistment. In if you fail out of school you get admin reduced back to your rank if your score is not higher then the mos you get moved to. My question is is it certain mos's or all of them and if you could tell me where i can find it so i can show my CRS.

I latmoved as a Sgt, so my situation wasn't the same, but I seem to remember, you can be Admin reduced if you fail the school, and the cutting is higher in your old MOS that you revert back to... However, you could run into a boatspace problem as well I think...

jackson07
07-27-09, 09:53 PM
Find the maradmin. But it states that if you latmove after your become a 0xxx, like a 02xx or 23xx or whatever field you are enlisting to in the system you are eligable for promotion in your intended MOS. So If I reenlist to be a 0211 and the cutting score to pick up Sgt is lower for them I will get promoted to Sgt as a 0211. Though if I fail the school I will be reduced in rank and put back into my old mos. But say you fail the school and the cutting score for your old mos dropped you will keep your rank.

PaidinBlood
07-27-09, 10:16 PM
Tell me about it. I just did the same thing and have been floating like a meatball-lost in the sauce. Asked RPAC, IPAC, my own chain of command, even the S1 of the gaining unit. All I get are shrugs...

MD8724
07-28-09, 04:00 AM
When I was in mos school we had a Cpl there who had lat moved, and he was a Sgt come the first of the month. So maybe they don't do it until you get the to the school. But, they did eventually do it. As for getting reduced, I can't say. Don't fail the school and I guess you're good :). Hope that helps, I honestly didn't really understand your question.