PDA

View Full Version : Standby shipper??

Gunner614
07-27-09, 04:49 PM
My recruiter called me earleir today asking if I wanted to go to boot camp tomorrow, I got pretty excited and was about to call my mom and tell her when my recruiter called again. He says he jumped the gun and another recruiter snaked the spot from him but he says im on a standy shipper list. I would ask my recruiter but he said he had to go to a meeting. What does it mean to be a standby shipper?

GyC
07-27-09, 07:14 PM
My recruiter called me earleir today asking if I wanted to go to boot camp tomorrow, I got pretty excited and was about to call my mom and tell her when my recruiter called again. He says he jumped the gun and another recruiter snaked the spot from him but he says im on a standy shipper list. I would ask my recruiter but he said he had to go to a meeting. What does it mean to be a standby shipper?

If another shipper who is scheduled to leave doesn't for any reason, then you go in his place... You're standing by, to take someone else's spot... S/F

Gunner614
07-27-09, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the reply GySgt. For me to get a spot, does someone have to drop out in the same recruiting region I am in, or is it in the entire west coast. Does that person have to have the same contract I do?

GyC
07-27-09, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the reply GySgt. For me to get a spot, does someone have to drop out in the same recruiting region I am in, or is it in the entire west coast. Does that person have to have the same contract I do?

That's situational, it can be to replace someone outside of your region, but normally within your region... Job has no bearing on the situation... Anytime you're a standby, it's 50/50 you're going... S/F