PDA

View Full Version : College money by state

Zeke
07-27-09, 02:10 AM
First off thanks to any prior or currently enlisted men and women for serving this great country.

I hope this is in the correct forum.

I plan on enlisting in a year and when speaking to my recruiter he mentioned that my state (IL) and a few others offer college money to veterans. I know in IL the money in the veteran's grant is only good for a school in IL and was wondering if any other states offer similar programs as I don't want to go to school here. Thanks.

Donut Brigade
07-27-09, 04:49 AM
I know for a fact Utah state and some private schools have great veteran benefits, you can save a lot of money combined with GI bill. Then again, you'd have to move to UTAH which is a very interesting state to move to...

Sgt Leprechaun
07-28-09, 11:24 PM
West Virginia does.

marine95
07-29-09, 12:34 AM
First off thanks to any prior or currently enlisted men and women for serving this great country.

I hope this is in the correct forum.

I plan on enlisting in a year and when speaking to my recruiter he mentioned that my state (IL) and a few others offer college money to veterans. I know in IL the money in the veteran's grant is only good for a school in IL and was wondering if any other states offer similar programs as I don't want to go to school here. Thanks.

Any state that offers money for veterans to go to school is based on residency in that state. If this was the case to offer money like that, states would be over flowing with vets trying to go to school.