PDA

View Full Version : Overloading the WW2 History Section

GIrene
07-26-09, 06:40 PM
I don't want to do anything to annoy anyone, but The WW2 Section is lookin' mighty thing. I think if its of interest to anyone here that I'll start sharing things that I've found in my research with the PTO and WW2-era Marines.

I'll probably be posting things along the lines of videos, articles, essays, websites, book and movie reviews, etc.

If its a bit much just let me know, but I like passing on knowledge and everyone should know where they came from to know where they are going.

Alisium
07-26-09, 06:57 PM
Just read an article in the VFW mag, this morning, about revisionist history and the dropping of the atomic bombs. It was pretty good. I'll look for it online or see what else I can do.

GIrene
07-26-09, 07:00 PM
Grrr I have a good one from Armchair General Magazine on that one. Still don't get the anti-Nuke vibe. If Coronet and Olympic would have gone off the Japanese as a culture would not exist today, and us Allies (US, UK, AUS, et al) would have a lot more graves to fill. Those people were ready to battle to the end.

And naturally the mass bombings and firebombings caused more casualties then those two bombs ever did. Just the pure psychological effect of one powerful bomb was the major factor.

Osotogary
07-26-09, 08:35 PM
Anything that you can post on WWII will be highly appreciated, GIrene, especially about the Pacific Theater and the China Marines. The Solomom Islands? You bet. The Coast Watchers and the guerilla warfare in the Phillipine Islands after Corregador. Lessons learned? Good examples of improvising, adapting, and overcoming and fighting spirit for sure. I never get tired about reading or listening to the lessons of the past especially when there is something to be learned , retained and implemented when necessary.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-26-09, 11:32 PM
Send a PM direct to one of the mods for that area and they'll get you started.

GIrene
07-26-09, 11:50 PM
Send a PM direct to one of the mods for that area and they'll get you started.

Eh? I can but for what purpose? Permission to spam I guess ;)

I'm just gonna be posting up things, hopefully spur some discussion and stir some thoughts. :D