PDA

View Full Version : So I'm back on a ship...

Isrowei
07-26-09, 06:14 PM
Short post to check in. I'm back on a ship. Only a few days this time. We came aboard via an LCU ride from the beach, which was pretty cool. I haven't done that since I was a Corporal.

Wouldn't you know, the first thing these Navy ****ers hit me up for were wardroom dues. Not ones to not get paid I suppose. Blackhawk down was on the tube after dinner so I had a nice relaxing post-mail cup o'Joe and scrounged some room on the couch.

I can't access any e-mail from here and my international blackberry (yeah, they have those now.. pretty cool eh?) can't get signal so it looks like I won't be chatting with the wife tonight.

This is the 2nd time I've been on a LSD and I gotta say, they look bigger from the outside. We're swaying pretty good in here... probably 5-10 degree rolls at the moment. Always make me sleep like a baby.

Anyway, we hit the beach tomorrow as the mock assault begins. I think the landing force is mustering at 0430. So, with that, time to knock off.

GIrene
07-26-09, 06:18 PM
Dang if this was the Free Fire area I'd post a link to "I'm on a Boat" by Lonely Island a ridiculous poke at ridiculous rap.

Next boat det we do on a carrier we really want to put a music video together, maybe go as far as to change the lyrics to match flight ops on a carrier :D

Marine84
07-26-09, 06:19 PM
Nice to see you Lt. Did you have fun on your boat trip?

Wyoming
07-26-09, 06:22 PM
Too bad you ain't O-3 yet.

You could have a recliner vs sharing couch. . :D

Hotdog75XX
07-26-09, 07:34 PM
sir, Work ups I assume?

Isrowei
07-29-09, 02:20 PM
Too bad you ain't O-3 yet.

You could have a recliner vs sharing couch. . :D

I heard a rumor that that is going to change come the 1st... :D

But since I can't check usmc.mil to confirm... I'll have to wait till Saturday to confirm.

Isrowei
07-29-09, 02:25 PM
sir, Work ups I assume?

MarForSouth Southern Exchange 2009. Better in theory than practice I'm afraid. More later.

Oh, and I'm off the boat now. Back at the brazilian base.

ameriken
07-29-09, 03:12 PM
And maybe charge those squid the dues! <br />
<br />
Good to hear from you LT, enjoy your cruise. I always loved being on ship, best sleep I ever had, rocked to sleep like a baby. <br />
<br />
As for the assault, go...

Idena
07-29-09, 03:45 PM
I heard a rumor that that is going to change come the 1st... :D

But since I can't check usmc.mil to confirm... I'll have to wait till Saturday to confirm.
You bum, it wasn't a rumor; you heard it from me! :p

Rocky C
07-29-09, 03:57 PM
Well thats where you went.

I only have 2 words

Strawberry Fields HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Semper Fi,
Rocky

Wyoming
07-29-09, 08:32 PM

.. and I heard it before he did. lololololololol

Phantom Blooper
07-29-09, 08:38 PM
Can I call you Skipper after the 1st?:beer:

:evilgrin:

ecfree
07-29-09, 08:44 PM
NoNoNoNo Miss Idena.......It's you bum SIR....hahahahaha...:D
O3....Sounds good doesn't it Lt....You'll be 04 by the end of 2011......Semper Fi Brother....:iwo:

SgtThrasher
07-29-09, 08:57 PM
I'll bet the berthing area on the LSD is bigger than a LST berth,when they announce "standby for heavy rolls" in the chow line,better hold on to something solid!I enjoyed the Caribbean cruise 1966 and the liberty ports were nice too!

davblay
07-30-09, 03:27 AM

Now thats funny as hell......I heard it from Idena to!
LMAO

Dave

davblay
07-30-09, 03:28 AM
Can I call you Skipper after the 1st?:beer:

:evilgrin:

Me too? LT?

Dave

sparkie
07-30-09, 07:18 AM
LT, What happens if you don't pay the dues? You sure weren't there very long. Saying hell no sounds good to me.

Isrowei
07-30-09, 07:53 AM
Hey guys, call me whatever you want, just don't call me squid... yeesh!

We did a mock beach assault (LCU's pulled up to the beach, dropped the ramp.. we ran off.. I got my boots soaked up to my cashews...brrr!) and then proceeded to bivouc while it rained on us for 2 days.

Then my SSgt hiked to the other side of the island and bought cokes for everyone and hiked back. I love "deserted" islands. Population less than 100 and they still managed to have cold cokes. Niiice..

Then, back to the ship and steam 6 hours back to the harbor and from there an hour LCU ride back to the Brazilian base.

All total, the Navy scarfed $20 from my pockets for my time on ship. And I'm claiming it on my travel dammit!

So yeah, now to pick up my laundry in Rio and get on a plane back to the states!

Anyone living in Miami? I have a 14 hour layover there... grrr :(

TJR1070
07-30-09, 08:26 AM
[QUOTE=ecfree;523187]NoNoNoNo Miss Idena.......It's you bum SIR....hahahahaha...:D

I would like to try to get my wife to call me sir, but I'm afraid I'll get my ass kicked!!