PDA

View Full Version : EOS - Now What?

ORCH
07-26-09, 01:43 PM
So I reached my End of Service a few days ago.... what happens next? :marine: Do I get some info in the mail? Do they still send of certs saying that you got an honorable discharge? <br />
<br />

Pete0331
07-26-09, 02:38 PM
It will state your type of discharge on your DD-214. <br />
What a bit, it will be mailed to you. <br />
You should have reviewed it before going on terminal. <br />
<br />
Expect to receive phone calls occasionally on...

ORCH
07-26-09, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info... I should have been more specific. I have reached my eight years in the corps. So I have finished up with my IRR time and everthing (First CIV DIV here I come).

But I should still get an honorable cert in the mail?

Pete0331
07-26-09, 03:08 PM
Yes.

Alisium
07-26-09, 03:11 PM
Call your SMaj. and go back right now!

It's scary out here.

Supersquishy
07-26-09, 03:23 PM
Call your SMaj. and go back right now!

It's scary out here.
Thats no joke.

Pete0331
07-26-09, 03:23 PM
Were you active or reserve?
You should have received your DD214 a few months after you went on terminal.

Quinbo
07-26-09, 05:36 PM
It's been a while but I seem to recall having most of that stuff explained to me at TAMP or TAP or whatever it is called. The honorable discharge certificate is a nice wall hanger but not near as...

StoneTheWeak
07-26-09, 09:56 PM
Well a couple things happen... <br />
<br />
1) You get your brains back. <br />
<br />
2) You stop waking up before the sun. <br />
<br />
3) You stop standing in silly formations while some high ranking officer talks for hours,...

Alisium
07-26-09, 09:57 PM
Everyone grows the goatee. Everyone shaves the goatee, eventually and gets a medium reg.

Devildogg99
07-26-09, 11:13 PM
Time to shred that DD214 and rejoin the Corps!! He will be back, they always come back

Semper Fi

SlingerDun
07-26-09, 11:24 PM
He will be back, they always come backDamn that was a familiar sound over there at headquarters while i was processing out. Just made me try harder, out here:cool:

SSgt Ramsey
07-27-09, 05:35 AM
Woah, Woah, Woah.....

Are you saying EAS or EOS...2 totally and completely different animals...

EAS is end of active service....EOS is end of OBLIGATED service.....meaning, all of your active/inactive service as specified in your original or subsequent contract(s) has been fulfilled....big difference.

Which is it??

Achped
07-27-09, 12:00 PM
Semper Fi PFC. You are wise beyond your rank.

zx6rdr
07-27-09, 12:15 PM
Everyone grows the goatee. Everyone shaves the goatee, eventually and gets a medium reg.

HahahahaHA! How true!!!! I did it, and still have the medium reg....:beer:

Semper Fi

Artemis
07-27-09, 12:20 PM
Woah, Woah, Woah.....

Are you saying EAS or EOS...2 totally and completely different animals...

EAS is end of active service....EOS is end of OBLIGATED service.....meaning, all of your active/inactive service as specified in your original or subsequent contract(s) has been fulfilled....big difference.

Which is it??

SSgt he specified in hsi second post that he was finished with his 8 years of service therefore it was his EOS.

PaidinBlood
07-27-09, 12:26 PM
Thus spaketh the long suffering salt dog, weary and much afflicted... :banana:

SSgt Ramsey
07-27-09, 12:29 PM
SSgt he specified in hsi second post that he was finished with his 8 years of service therefore it was his EOS.

I stand corrected by the young Corporal....thanks....I'll go thrash myself quietly now :D

As an aside, I must be the exception to the rule as I've reverted back to my pre-USMC long-hair, guitar player days and still growing it out in back....*sigh*....

Artemis
07-27-09, 12:54 PM
At least you find the humor in it SSgt.

SSgt Ramsey
07-27-09, 01:00 PM
Cpl Nelly...you were 100% correct, I was wrong, I should have read more-closely before I posted...like I said in a earlier post in another thead, I'm human, I make mistakes, and I'm not ever above reproach by anybody for them...I was the same way in the Marine's.

If we can't laugh at ourselves from time to time, we're screwed :D

Artemis
07-27-09, 01:03 PM
See now I always wait for other people to laugh at me first and then join in with them because usually I have no clue what is going on. I just like the way that you handled that because I have foudn that some people don't take stuff like that to well. I have to laugh at myself at least once a day otherwise something is wrong.

SSgt Ramsey
07-27-09, 01:09 PM
Eh, no worries...some of my favorite Marine's and leaders taught me a lot that I still use today...one truth I have learned is that it's the people behind the rank that make the Marine Corps great and what it is....not the rank.

Tact and respect go a very long way in the Corps, you did well Cpl...:flag:

charm1110
07-27-09, 01:42 PM
Don't expect much, as you already know by now most civilians don't give a sh*t about you being a Marine or anything else except their own pathetic excuses for a life. What makes a difference is when...

StoneTheWeak
07-27-09, 02:56 PM
Thus spaketh the long suffering salt dog, weary and much afflicted... :banana:
I didn't join cause I thought it'd be fun, that thought never actually crossed my mind, I knew I'd dislike it. I joined to just do my time and earn my rights as a citizen and to give me an edge on my peers when I compete in the job market afterwards.

PaidinBlood
07-27-09, 04:26 PM
No need to explain it, brother. Those of us who come this way do so by way of a diverse array of routes. Whether chasing, seeking, or evading all of our paths cross in this one defining moment and...

StoneTheWeak
07-28-09, 06:47 AM
Very well. Thought you were poking fun for me being a PFC. haha