PDA

View Full Version : New Ad on TV

Supersquishy
07-26-09, 01:02 PM
Just saw this new ad on the tube last night, thought it was motivating, but my question is, why spend all this money on advertising when the Marine recruiting is way beyond its goals? Sheesh people are getting turned down left and right and poolees are getting pushed back to ship off.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1219656/no_compromises_new_us_marine_corps_commercial/

PS I wouldnt be suprised if the Harrier hovering over the dirt fodded out its engine...LOL

silverdollar
07-27-09, 07:03 AM
[quote=Supersquishy;521211]Just saw this new ad on the tube last night, thought it was motivating, but my question is, why spend all this money on advertising when the Marine recruiting is way beyond its goals? Sheesh people are getting turned down left and right and poolees are getting pushed back to ship off.

If they don`t spend the money they have to give it back.

sparkie
07-27-09, 07:07 AM
That would be my guess. If they don't spend their budget this year, they get less budget next year. That's the Gvmt for ya.

1stRad2671
07-31-09, 09:23 PM
I think they should give me the money to sponsor my motorcycle racing. I still put forth a good Marine Corps image and am a prime of example of how successful one can be because of their time in the Corps. Great advertising I'd say.

Bruce776
08-10-09, 09:14 PM
That ad is freakin' awesome. I'm glad the Marines got their **** together and started putting out good commercials. I was joining up in the days of a guy climbing a huge mountain.

Petz
08-10-09, 09:19 PM
well... we have a whole Regiment's worth of combat photography (which included video and such)... why not finally give them equipment and put them to work??

anyways, they don't like spending the MILLIONS of dollars to sponsor a race car like the army does... and the army is still short on recruitment even with all that spending...

it never hurts to get the younger generation hooked now... 'cause these commercials aren't for our age group.. not even the juniors/seniors in high-school... it's for the younger crowd who want some excitement in their lives.

you've seen a lot of them coming on here with 8 years still of school talking about wanting to be a Marine... it works.