PDA

View Full Version : Odd Profiles

Drafter
07-25-09, 03:02 PM
Seeing some odd profiles of "Marines" up in here. 1 year Sergeants an stuff like that, if your a poser; I see you, I will call you out on it.

:mad:

Drafter
07-25-09, 03:32 PM
LAWS GOVERNING IMPOSTORS: U.S. CRIMINAL CODE

1. Falsely assuming and pretending to be an officer and employee of the United States

18 U.S.C. §912
Not more than 3 years imprisonment, and/or fine $1,000.00, 1 year supervised release, and special assessment $100 (Each count)

2. Knowingly and willfully made a false, fraudulent, and fictitious material statement and representation;

18 U.S.C. §1001
Not more than 5 years imprisonment, and/or $250,000 fine, 1 year supervised release, and special assessment of $100

3. Possessing insignia, without authority; of the design prescribed by the head of the Department of Defense;

18 U.S.C. §701
Not more than 6 months imprisonment, and/or $5,000 fine, Special assessment of $50.

4. Knowingly wearing decorations and medals, without authority, authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States;

18 U.S.C. §704(a)
Not more than 1 year imprisonment, and/or $100,000 fine; 1 year supervised release, and special assessment of $25.

TITLE 18 PART I CHAPTER 33 Sec. 701.
Sec. 701. - Official badges, identification cards, other insignia

Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge, identification card, or other insignia, of the design prescribed by the head of any department or agency of the United States for use by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia, or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

TITLE 18 PART I CHAPTER 33 Sec. 702.
Sec. 702. - Uniform of armed forces and Public Health Service

Whoever, in any place within the jurisdiction of the United States or in the Canal Zone, without authority, wears the uniform or a distinctive part thereof or anything similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of any of the armed forces of the United States, Public Health Service or any auxiliary of such, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

TITLE 18 PART I CHAPTER 33 Sec. 704.
Sec. 704. - Military medals or decorations

(a) In General. -

Whoever knowingly wears, manufactures, or sells any decoration or medal authorized by Congress for the armed forces of the United States, or any of the service medals or badges awarded to the members of such forces, or the ribbon, button, or rosette of any such badge, decoration or medal, or any colorable imitation thereof, except when authorized under regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than six months, or both.

(b) Congressional Medal of Honor. -

(1) In general. -

If a decoration or medal involved in an offense under subsection (a) is a Congressional Medal of Honor, in lieu of the punishment provided in that subsection, the offender shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

Evidence of violations of this law will be forwarded to the proper authorities.

Achped
07-25-09, 05:13 PM
I'm a poser. Convince my command I'm not a Marine and let me go on my way.

Edit: wait, I shouldn't say that because someone might really call...:devious:

sscjoe
07-25-09, 07:27 PM
Chill Matt Jeez.

Marine84
07-25-09, 07:41 PM
Welcome Aboard Drafter! Throw your $h!t in the corner and have a cold one :beer:. Never mind Achped - he's going through Attitude Adjustment Training right now and we never know what we'll get when he pops in.

You must have run into a poser recently........?

(Smacking Matt upside his big peanut head.)

sparkie
07-25-09, 07:44 PM
Matt,,,, If I threw you against a wall,,,, Would you stick?....

sparkie
07-25-09, 07:45 PM
Hey, 84,,,,,, Nice to see ya,,,,,,,

montana
07-25-09, 07:52 PM
lol....im a 14 month E5.....less then that i was a privet when i hit nam....i made E5 in 8 months.....bit me

oh and be safe

sparkie
07-25-09, 07:54 PM
Montana,,,,,,, Love ya, Bro,,,,,,,

Sgt Leprechaun
07-25-09, 08:58 PM
Drafter, hold fire bro...LOL....believe me, we (the mods and some others) 'vet' anyone we suspect of 'pozing' or otherwise. There are folks here that are experts on medals, uniforms, insignia (yours truly among others) and historical data (wars, campaigns, etc) that allow us to quickly spot, and eliminate, posers of all types.

Your sentiments are appreciated, but in the future, drop one of the mods (Shaffer, Ellie, Yellow Wing, or myself) a PM and express your concerns, and we'll investigate.

v/r

Drafter
07-25-09, 10:23 PM
Thanks Sgt. Leprechaun & all for the advice.

As a matter of fact yeah I just had a recent encounter with a poser. I befriended the guy introduced him to Marine Gaming Friends Online and about a week later he says the dumbest crap in voice chat and exposes himself in front of god and all of us. So one of the guys does some research and finds the 1996 web page the poser was borrowing his bio from, a Vietnam Vet that appears to be huis boss or co-worker or something. He had changed the name and dates to match his age, very sad. I'm still a little hurt by it.

The 1 year Sgt. thing was just an example and not pointed at anyone in particular, but even to those who made Sgt in less than a year it would have to seem a bit odd. My brother Mike made it in a year and a half so I know what I'm talking about because he would have been amazed by it too.

achped don't make me put you in a head lock til you scream chesty....

Sgt Leprechaun
07-25-09, 10:55 PM
Drafter, no worries. For those of us that are 'more current' day Marines (20 years or so anyway) those sort of promotions would certainly raise 'red flags'. However, for Vietnam, Korea, and WWII vets (of which we have numerous on this site) Pvt to Sgt in a year isn't a red flag for the most part.

Wyoming
07-25-09, 11:21 PM
Drafter, hold fire bro...LOL....believe me, we (the mods and some others) 'vet' anyone we suspect of 'pozing' or otherwise. There are folks here that are experts on medals, uniforms, insignia (yours truly among others) and historical data (wars, campaigns, etc) that allow us to quickly spot, and eliminate, posers of all types.

Your sentiments are appreciated, but in the future, drop one of the mods (Shaffer, Ellie, Yellow Wing, or myself) a PM and express your concerns, and we'll investigate.

v/r

Wing is still a Mod??

Sgt Leprechaun
07-25-09, 11:23 PM
Far as I know, yeah.

jetdoc
07-26-09, 07:56 AM
lol....im a 14 month E5.....less then that i was a privet when i hit nam....i made E5 in 8 months.....bit me

oh and be safe

Bill, you tell'em. BTW, at the end did you mean, "bite me"? :D

I thought I remember Wing saying he was no longer a Mod a few months ago.....not sure.

thedrifter
07-26-09, 08:01 AM
Wing is still a Mod??

Sorry to say no....Needed a vacation...

He is still around and helps, by pointing us in the right direction....

You can also contact fontman....He is a mod..too;)

Ellie

jetdawgg
07-26-09, 05:31 PM
Bill, you tell'em. BTW, at the end did you mean, "bite me"? :D

I thought I remember Wing saying he was no longer a Mod a few months ago.....not sure.

montana is so f'n mean he bites himself:D

skipper72
07-27-09, 06:15 AM
As to posers (a.k.a. "poseurs"), it is a simple matter, really: if one has fought for right and freedom with clean honor (or else been prepared to) while enlisted or commissioned in the United States Marine Corps, one is NOT a poser. Anyone else claiming the title is a poser. EGA or not. Attitude is everything, both for those on active duty as well as those who are not (but who, nonetheless, shall be Marines, always) !

awbrown1462
07-27-09, 06:41 AM
dang now we need to find another Canuck to become the Canadian Mod

Drafter
07-27-09, 07:57 AM
As to posers (a.k.a. "poseurs"), it is a simple matter, really: if one has fought for right and freedom with clean honor (or else been prepared to) while enlisted or commissioned in the United States Marine Corps, one is NOT a poser. Anyone else claiming the title is a poser. EGA or not. Attitude is everything, both for those on active duty as well as those who are not (but who, nonetheless, shall be Marines, always) !

I don't understand sir, could you please clarify your meaning?

skipper72
07-27-09, 08:18 AM
It is all contained in The Marines Hymn. I refuse, for example, to acknowlege the "likes" of Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Whitman, inter alios, as ever having REALLY been Marines. Attitude is everything !

And, as has been posted elsewhere: The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine....

Drafter
07-27-09, 08:31 AM
It is all contained in The Marines Hymn. I refuse, for example, to acknowlege the "likes" of Lee Harvey Oswald, Charles Whitman, inter alios, as ever having REALLY been Marines. Attitude is everything !

And, as has been posted elsewhere: The three Corps Values: honor, courage, commitment. They make up the bedrock of the character of each individual Marine....

With all due respect sir, I don't believe that analogy would apply in this instance. Perhaps you are implying something? In short, what's your point?

Rocky C
07-27-09, 08:43 AM
With all due respect sir, I don't believe that analogy would apply in this instance. Perhaps you are implying something? In short, what's your point?

Drafter, You are new here so I will bring you up to speed.
Skipper is a Holy Man (priest) and a Scholar and a very deep thinker.
Most of us don't really understand some of the posts either but read and try none the less.
When he is in that zone, he is in that zone.

Semper Fi My Brother,
Rocky

PaidinBlood
07-27-09, 08:45 AM

How much more do you need this broken down? Maybe you just haven't had your coffee yet...:banana:

montana
07-27-09, 08:47 AM
jetdoc...bit is a cowboy term fer bite...was coined many years ago by a cowbot that had a horse bite his ear off....told his boss that tere horse bit me....

and jetdawgg yes i do bite meself....but only on special occasions...and never to be mean

jetdawgg
07-27-09, 08:57 AM

Skipper, I firmly believe in the signature. It is the element that binds us together here:usmc::flag:

jetdawgg
07-27-09, 08:58 AM
jetdoc...bit is a cowboy term fer bite...was coined many years ago by a cowbot that had a horse bite his ear off....told his boss that tere horse bit me....

and jetdawgg yes i do bite meself....but only on special occasions...and never to be mean

Semper Fi:D

Drafter
07-27-09, 09:01 AM
There is no disrespect intended, I am genuinley interested in his thoughts. He suggests that one can exchange fact with opinion and or intentions.

PaidinBlood
07-27-09, 09:04 AM
Core principles=essential to formation of a Marine

No principles=no Marine..

I think that's the simplest his words could be translated...

Drafter
07-27-09, 09:06 AM

Thank you for explaining it for him.

How does that apply to exageration or fabrication of fact?

SGTMunson
07-27-09, 09:06 AM
Drafter you sure are making your rounds eh? lol

Good to see you over here too.

Rocky C
07-27-09, 09:07 AM

Thats good Chris, real good my Brother :thumbup:

Semper Fi,
Rocky

PaidinBlood
07-27-09, 09:08 AM
Thank you for explaining it for him.

Anytime, brother :beer:

Drafter
07-27-09, 09:16 AM
>>> Suddenly the light goes on.....if one would fabricate the fact he lacks the core principles thus he is not a Marine.

sips coffee, ok got it. Yeah I can be a rock.

Hey Mark, yeah just found this place while looking up info on that poser you exposed over by USMC Gamers. Again, thank you for that. A lot of people were rasing red flags and you solved the case. Outstanding.

Rocky C
07-27-09, 09:19 AM
>>> Suddenly the light goes on.....if one would fabricate the fact he lacks the core principles thus he is not a Marine.

sips coffee, ok got it. Yeah I can be a rock.

Hey Mark, yeah just found this place while looking up info on that poser you exposed over by USMC Gamers. Again, thank you for that. A lot of people were rasing red flags and you solved the case. Outstanding.

You got it!!!
Thank God for coffee.

Rocky

skipper72
07-27-09, 09:19 AM
In case such should be of interest to anyone (whether needed or not), please take a few moments to listen CAREFULLY at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iVAvb5_oXY

Acting upon those hallowed words is essential to genuine "Marine-ness." Not through lip-service or mere "talk." Said another way, REAL Marines (whether on active duty or as veterans) WALK THE TALK ! Amen...