PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning "Recon"

WesDean
07-25-09, 01:09 PM
Hello Marines and fellow poolees. I have a question that I believe has a simple answer.

I swore-in to the USMC under open contract, along with my recruiter knowing full well that I am hell-bent on becoming an infantry man. He is working hard to score me this MOS but recently came across a possible opening for a job he referred to as "Recon." I've done my research on the MOS and training regime and I know a lot about it, but I'm confused about one thing.

My recruiter stated that I would go to School of Infantry following Boot Camp and then I would go to training for Recon. He said that if by chance I fail to pass the training for Recon I would automatically become a basic Infantry-man. I was wondering if this is true or not.

Is my recruiter correct? I would plan on passing the Recon training, I'm a motivated person. However, it would be nice to know that I would still become Infantry if something went wrong. Thank you in advance to anyone who answers.

thewookie
07-25-09, 01:14 PM
a possible opening for a job he referred to as "Recon."

I'm, frankly, surprised he mentioned it, you must be good....

Do you know anything about broom sticks?

That's the only thing I think he could be referring to.....

Good luck.:thumbup:

GravityRain
07-25-09, 04:15 PM
If you finish boot, and if you finish I.T.B., then you could have the opportunity to take the recon indoc. If you are 0300, 0311, 0313, etc...or perhaps a communication or 0200 field. Be aware that less than 1/2 of 1% of those who take the recon indoc. are picked up. Better be Iron Mike and have an outstanding PFT. Plus, background check(A REAL ONE). A 300 PFT would be minimum. Im talking, 3 miles 17 minutes. 30-40 pullups. Gotta be over the top. Good Luck...you'll need it.