PDA

View Full Version : USMCR RES 0121 NEED INFO for DEPLOYING to PACIFIC =)

USMCRPersClk
07-24-09, 11:17 PM
Good Evening All!

Hi everyone, have a quick question for you all. Here are my stats:

-Drilling Reservist at MCAS Miramar
-Been in for 3 years (yay SMCR certificate!), LCpl/E-3 (still an obligor)
-unit recently decommissioned looking for a new unit
-want to deploy to the pacific for a period of 12 to 18 months
-Personnel Clerk (0121)
-DLAB score of 89, Proficient in the Filipino Language (Tagalog reading 2/listening 3)

I just want to know more information on being able to get into Marine Forces Pacific. I have already looked at Marine Forces Reserve and the Active Reserve billet openings and there are none for the Pacific or I am not high enough in the food chain to fill a billet. So here are the three options I have configured:

a) Inter-unit transfer to Hawaii and go on ADOS or ADSW as a pers clk.

b) Go to an IMA (individual mobilization augmentee) detachment in Japan or Korea, but I can't seem to find any information on that, only that you must be a non-obligor to be eligible.

or

c) Lateral move to the intel field (can reservists make a lat move?? I heard it's only for when your new unit has no opening for you or if you are active duty and after two years of being in an mos). I am proficient in the Tagalog language with a 2 in reading and 3 in listening ( I slacked off on the reading but I know I am completely fluent) and perhaps become a 02xx/linguist and altogether skip the mos school or pick up a new language?? << i know it's a long shot and perhaps a bit bizarre but trying to find out my options.

I haven't really had a chance to be MOS proficient with only drilling every weekend for the past three years, and I have lost most of my confidence in myself and in the Corps, but because I am unable to continue in nursing school due to financial reasons, I see that this could be a good opportunity to take some time off of school, become MOS proficient, gain experience, earn some money, and travel abroad all at the same time. I am currently pursuing my Registered Nursing license and finished my first semester but have to take a leave of absence due to financial reasons. Any advice/opinions/comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time and comments. Perhaps there are some Prior Service or admin/smcr gurus out there that could help! =)

ritter
07-24-09, 11:56 PM
Contact the PSR in your area they should be able to answer all of your questions and get you headed in the right direction. Or you can call SSgt. Gordon search the boards his number is on here. Good Luck- Ritter