PDA

View Full Version : Will I be accepted to the Marine Corps?

Xekes
07-23-09, 08:08 PM
Hello, I am 16 years old now and I want to join the Marines when I turn 18. I cannot go into DEP because my father won't sign the papers so I have to get my information else where. I am about 5'9 and weigh around 170 LBS. Is that a unacceptable weight or am I good? I have been trying to eat better, but my father buys a whole bunch of unhealthy **** food and I have no money of my own. I have many odds against me and I am trying to overcome them.

Phantom Blooper
07-23-09, 08:12 PM
Fill out your profile...read the site rules in the Ask A Marine and Poolee Forum and then read and read some more on the numerous ways to lose weight,physical activity and eating healthy on this site...by using the search function.:evilgrin:

Sergeant M
07-24-09, 04:42 AM
Kid, you're awesome. Go recon!

Pete0331
07-24-09, 06:29 AM
Hello, I am 16 years old now and I want to join the Marines when I turn 18. I cannot go into DEP because my father won't sign the papers so I have to get my information else where. I am about 5'9 and weigh around 170 LBS. Is that a unacceptable weight or am I good? I have been trying to eat better, but my father buys a whole bunch of unhealthy **** food and I have no money of my own. I have many odds against me and I am trying to overcome them.

Try my Corporal Pete brand junk food diet!

Eat whatever you want, then I trash you until you either burn it off or puke it up!

In all seriousness, if you can't eat right, make sure you are counting calories and watching portions.

Drink water!
:marine:

Sgt Leprechaun
07-25-09, 03:32 AM
Portion control is key. Eat healthy, start your own PT program (you can find several on this site in the poolee section for sure) and do what you have to do. That's the best advice I can give.

egbutler1
07-25-09, 03:59 AM
Try my Corporal Pete brand junk food diet!

Eat whatever you want, then I trash you until you either burn it off or puke it up!

:marine:

LOL Pete!

egbutler1
07-25-09, 04:05 AM
Well there kid, the odds are never against you. Just change them in your favor, run work out do whatever it takes. My best advice to give you right now is to do well in school and keep you goals in sight and let them motivate you. As for your weight I have no idea what it is anymore. I just remember I was 6ft 3 in to start boot at 190lbs and graduated at 155lbs. You want to be within your height and weight it will make boot camp much better. Well hope I helped at least a little bit. Take it easy motivator!

Cpl. Butler OUT!