PDA

View Full Version : Comp in MRP?

Gunner614
07-23-09, 12:32 AM
So I just got home a bit ago and logged on to myspace. I notice an update from a good friend of mine dated 4 hours ago. Well this friend has been in boot camp for a month now. A couple of days ago I heard that he dropped out of a run during a PFT and possibly got sent to MRP. It's too late to call his recruiter about this. Is there any chance that he might be able to use a computer while in MRP? I know that it is EXTREMELY unlikely but I don't know what else to think. Any thoughts on what you think going on would be appreciated.

Donut Brigade
07-23-09, 01:57 AM
You can't have computers in MRP...your buddy may be out for good.

Pete0331
07-23-09, 02:22 AM
You can't have computers in MRP...your buddy may be out for good.

Unless he keistered an iPhone.... :marine:

Sergeant M
07-23-09, 02:56 AM
He probably got kicked out brosef.

Donut Brigade
07-23-09, 03:17 AM
Unless he keistered an iPhone.... :marine:

His buddy is in Army basic. This explains everything.

NoRemorse
07-23-09, 03:33 AM
And the charger?:confused: <br />
<br />
Bravo

Pete0331
07-23-09, 04:05 AM
Yes, they do that in the Pen.

BR34
07-23-09, 06:17 AM
Can't get onto myspace with Marine Corps computers anyway.

Semper Fidelis.

Gunner614
07-23-09, 12:02 PM
Ok, my friend sent me a message and explained everyting. He got sent to Ohio to be with his mom on Emergency Leave Orders. Apparantly his mom close to dying, he hasn't told me much.

I was worried for a while, this guy is the most motivated person I know. He pulled an Accord just to enlist, he lost something like 80-90 lbs, so I knew he wouldn't just "drop out".

Donut Brigade
07-23-09, 02:30 PM
Ok, my friend sent me a message and explained everyting. He got sent to Ohio to be with his mom on Emergency Leave Orders. Apparantly his mom close to dying, he hasn't told me much.

I was worried for a while, this guy is the most motivated person I know. He pulled an Accord just to enlist, he lost something like 80-90 lbs, so I knew he wouldn't just "drop out".

That's bad news. My condolences.

Old Marine
07-23-09, 02:57 PM
MRP (Medical Rehab Platoon) is only for worms that have a medical problem so severe that they can no longer train with their Platoon.

Donut Brigade
07-23-09, 05:56 PM
MRP (Medical Rehab Platoon) is only for worms that have a medical problem so severe that they can no longer train with their Platoon.

You are right Gunny, but a lot of MRP just have problems that may not be that severe, just take a long time to heal, like stress fractures or pneumonia.

Old Marine
07-23-09, 07:53 PM
You are right Gunny, but a lot of MRP just have problems that may not be that severe, just take a long time to heal, like stress fractures or pneumonia.

I guess you didn't read my post. Doubt that you realize that pneumonia and stress fractures are serious enough to keep you from training with your platoon. Fact is that some souls die from pneumonia.

Gunner614
07-23-09, 11:19 PM
My friend will be returning to boot camp in a couple of weeks where he will pick up with Echo company. Turns out he was in MRP at the time with, you guessed it, pneumonia.

dizark
07-23-09, 11:44 PM
Actually a stress fracture can stop you from training Gunnery Sgt. I know this because it happened to me. I fought for 2 weeks and the pain got worse each day. Doctor said I'd have broken it completely if I had kept pushing myself. Go dropped on TD 51 and after 6 weeks in MRP I went back to TD 44 and graduated with my new platoon.

Pneumonia doesn't go to MRP either. They go to EHP (evaluation holding platoon).

dizark
07-23-09, 11:50 PM
Actually a stress fracture can stop you from training Gunnery Sgt. I know this because it happened to me. I fought for 2 weeks and the pain got worse each day. Doctor said I'd have broken it completely if I had kept pushing myself. Go dropped on TD 51 and after 6 weeks in MRP I went back to TD 44 and graduated with my new platoon.

Pneumonia doesn't go to MRP either. They go to EHP (evaluation holding platoon).

Actually there was 1 guy who was in MRP with pneumonia but the majority went to EHP.