PDA

View Full Version : Parris Island Graduation

Black Mustang
07-22-09, 01:11 AM
Hello Marines. I am not a poolee yet (though I hope to become one soon), however my family was curious about something and I am as well regarding boot camp graduation at Parris Island. Being that it is held outdoors, would a small dog be permitted to attend if it is in a carrier? I know this may be an odd question, but my family wants to know, and I forgot to ask my recruiter earlier today, so I figured I'd ask here. I did a search on it but couldn't find anything. Thanks very much for any answers you provide.

Sgt Leprechaun
07-22-09, 03:59 AM
Now, now.

I would think the answer is "No", but you'd likely have to check with the MCRD to get the answer. Likely only service dogs are permitted.

At least it's not a sniper/recon question!

:)

TJR1070
07-22-09, 08:57 AM
I would highly doubt it but most hotels allow dogs, just have your parents leave it in the hotel room while they attend. Of course that is IF you get selected to join Our Beloved Corps and IF you successfully complete the challenge of recruit training.

ecfree
07-22-09, 09:18 AM
He's more worried about bringing a dog to graduation than being a Marine. Either he's really cocky, or he has sexual relations with his dog and won't be able to wait to get home.
Corporal M,read the profile....He is a She......:confused:

WKranz
07-22-09, 11:16 AM
Sounds like the parents wanna bring it, not the poolee. Not sure this has anything to do with desire to earn the title.

temarti
07-22-09, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I believe she just took one for the Parents.

Lisa 23
07-22-09, 12:00 PM
Holy sh!tballs, what will they think of next.
Young lady, you're not even a poolee yet, and you're asking questions about bringing your pet to graduation.

Worry more about taking the first step in talking to a Recruiter first, then taking the ASVAB and passing it, getting yourself into shape on whether you need to lose weight or not, flex arm hang, crunches, run, and then making it through boot camp in order to get to graduation.

Artemis
07-22-09, 12:08 PM
I would say leave the pet in the hotel room. Last thing you would want is to highlight yourself at your graduation beause your parents dog wouldn't quit barking or takes a poo on the parade deck.